The King's Inquisitor Ciriaco Acciai

Started by Bong Serpent, July 02, 2019, 08:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bong Serpent

An ignoble death but one nonetheless, after a maddening slope into paranoia and an inability to trust there's little surprise it panned out the way it did.

Ciriaco Acciai was a Chondathan farmer who was much beloved by his family until, in the magic-fearing parts of Chondath, his little sister developed sorcerous powers.
It remained a family secret for several years until eventually some temper-tantrum or fearful situation caused her magic to flare up infront of the wrong people. She was lynched and murdered, leaving Ciriaco heartbroken and vengeful.
He spent the next decade systematically murdering his sister's killers, before ultimately taking a shiv in the back, his last memories before awakening were bleeding out in a puddle of his own blood in a shit-stinking alleyway. Turns out, that's his last memories in the city too.

Vengeance played a huge part in shaping Ciriaco, from spending a decade hunting down the men who murdered his dearest Gianna, to pursuing a bloody and violent warpath in vengeance against his wife's killer, Ahsra Ashworthy.

He never got the Rat Queen, but he did murder a few of her conspirators.

Good luck to the next Inquisitor, it's not an easy job.

The first moment that gave Ciriaco the drive to become a truly loyal servant of the King

Esoteric rituals in strange locales..

Being edgy

Quarterdragon

Thank you for the time you spent in the Tears of Blood, but damn you went way harder than I was prepared to go.

Praise the Sun

My heart. This character was so well done. I genuinely enjoyed every moment playing with Ciriaco on Brooke. A truly memorable character and honestly one that had so much potential.

Some of Brooke's great, heart moving moments were spent with Ciri in battle and else.

I can't wait to see your next few ones. And look forward to playing with you in the future.

RPG

First inquisitor will be hard to beat. Set the standard which anyone who fills the office should aspire for. Brutally, uncompromisingly, non-stop inquisition. None of that mamby pamby "sit back and observe patiently for now" first two avengers movies Thanos scaredy-cat garbage. The bar has been set and it has been set high. Well done my man.

Edit: the difference between "non-inquisition" and "non-stop inquisition" is large
That's my purse! I don't know you!

Hautevillee

Very impressive Inquisitor, even more so for being the first one. Set a real standard for ENFORCING the King's Laws.

Apart from that, just a well rounded PC. I got a real sense of his purpose and firmness with just a few short interactions.

Scrappa-yeti

A ripper character.

His influence was felt on the far side of the server even when you were logged off, which is a great sign.

Also really enjoyed the small amount of RP we did.

Aethereal

Ciriaco seemed like a very real character. As revealed by the way his history shaped him and inevitably led him back to how his story began in the City of Rings.

Personally, I enjoyed how, over the course of time, he came to possibly respect and maybe even trust Aethelwine from what began as clear distrust of a wizard (one who actively seeks out magic, not merely inherits it against their will like his sister did.)

Well played.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Fiverine

Alas poor Ciriaco  :( .    Taharqa only got to work with him for a week or two in Nephezar before events took the T-man elsewhere.  Had some good times though.  Eg when you snatched that dispensary win for us, and the couple of times I thought Ciriaco was about to murder Taharqa  ;D. 

Ciriaco was a cool no BS character- you always knew where you stood with him- and a scary inquisitor.  RIP. 
After the battle is over
And the sands have drunken the blood
All what there remains
Is the bitterness of delusion