Elven Warband

Started by KreShar, July 14, 2009, 10:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KreShar

If you're thinking of making an elf, now is a great time! Though this elf group is new, we're already working toward some pretty awesome goals and plots. Alot of what were doing is purely player driven and this is a great chance to get involved if you want to play an elf.

Elves have an awesome history and culture that is fun to roleplay. There are many natural enemies on the island of Ymph (Drow slavers, orcs, the Rot, Dwarves, etc), so expect alot of fun conflict and adventure.

Our numbers are slowly increasing but it'd be awesome to have a couple more new players. We're basically looking for any elf who follows the ways of the Seldarine.

Listen in Silence

Dwarves, eh? We'll see about that, oh yes we will...

Germain

And what LiS means to say is, "We welcome the opportunity to interact in a pleasing and engaging manner." ;)

I endorse the forming and roleplaying of an elven "warband". So jump on board - now is a good time.

Garem

Even though I'm playing a significant role in a group to the extreme contrast of this one, for anyone silly enough to listen to my opinion I doubly endorse the elves.

Five years ago, KreShar did something awesome that hooked me on NWN and RP servers (although he doesn't remember!). I'm not sure I should be thanking him or cursing him for the addiction, but I can say that his goals are always creative and enjoyable, so if you're looking for some way to make Awesome, then do something crazy-- do a little research on elves, create an elven persona, and then roll up a NON-human (gasp.) and rock out.

Behemoth

Dwarves can crush you silly. Good luck on your warband.

Raposa_Fox

Are Half-elves welcome?

KreShar

They'd have to really prove themselves. A lot of elves see half elves as inferior

Listen in Silence

Thomas_Not_very_wise

I am in on this concept folks.

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Let me ask you something about elves.

Did you know some go through reincarnation? Turning into animals when they die?

Did you know when they are about to die of old age, they meditate for days on end, and then they share their memories with fellow elves, then their soul transcends to Arvanaith, the elven lands of the dead? Or if they should die a violent death, it is generally held that an elven soul cannot transcend without the assistence of a priestess, or priest, of Sehanine Moonbow?

I found a wonderful insight in which gives you a detailed view into elven culture, their belief, and sayings. As the longest lived races, they are the most complex, and to be honest, frustrating races. They are chaotic good, yet tend to be cold and arrogant toward outsiders, they live in civilized societies with laws, and they all tend to obey them.

When you make an elf, I strongly encourage you to read up on their deities, races, this forum alone holds wonderful information on their history, and races. But if you are looking toward a more...religious slant on their faith, here you are.

http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/elvengods/ElvenGods.htm

eliff

Hey I think this sounds like a great opportunity to make an elf.  I have been wanting to trial a bard or barbarian elf for a while.

Kilaya76

Quote from: KreShar;135499There are many natural enemies on the island of Ymph (Drow slavers, orcs, the Rot, Dwarves, etc).
What? I think I've missed something...

Porkolt

Never trust an elf!

KreShar

Our group has really been growing nicely. We could still use another elf or two. If anyone has been looking to make an elven mage, that'd fit into our group perfectly.

Behemoth

LIS please bring back your mexican elf please.