A letter for D.A. in the Soot Lamp

Started by zerotje, May 03, 2024, 09:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerotje

D.A.

Below are pending tasks. Complete them at your discretion.
Perform them professionally and with subtlety.

Report concrete steps to get paid.
Your performance will be reviewed.

Priority:

- Acquire for me a Key to enter the Deep Gutters. I can't reach the sending head.

Petition:

- The Banda Rossa or College of Balladeers for permission to enter their domain and empty my Krak des Roses room, which presently holds various crates valued at 500 per and wares.
warning: Time limit of approx 3/4 weeks.

- Legate Balstan to lift my exile and/or prosecute (the) Janissaries for corruption.

- The Circus Master to perform in the Creep in my name.

Rumourmonger:

- Ruin to the best of your ability Gedwyr's reputation.

- Ruin to the best of your ability Atticus's reputation.

- Ruin to the best of your ability Samton's reputation.

- Ruin to the best of your ability Sephdrida's reputation.
Tip: she and all the three Torchbearers stood by and watched Alejandro get slaughtered and enjoyed a safe boattrip back with Arjuna. Classirant being an Oathsworn is an insult to all of the Gods. Sephrida I hate the most, she testified. They already pre emptively said they did do something but its a fat lie. Their hypocrisy is so infuriating I might even hate them more than Gedwyr even though they wronged me much less!

- Improve to the best of your ability my reputation.

- Discredit Ephia's Well's government.

- Improve the reputation of the Creep and it's residents.
My goal is to create a new socieity seperate from the Demon Well.

Spy:

- Everyone/Anyone important.
The goal is to find out who hates who, and who might be inclined to hire troublesolvers.

- Find out if there's possibility to contact Iakmes. We could give the Demon Well back to the Orentid and live under Iakmes for a spell (Feel free to refuse).

- Find me killers Justicars to work for my Real Hall of Jurisprudence. Many criminals to catch and deal with.

Other:

- Advertise my store.

- Find someone to purchase a rather potent Djinni scimitar. Suited only to folk of enough foul and lawbreaking intent.

- Find someone who'd purchase a Djinn summoning tome.

- Anything you deem advantageous for me and my cause. You should be rewarded for.

-
You know who wrote this.

zerotje

[The same letter is sent again with a whole array of edits and additions.]

zerotje

D.A.

A report on the Kardeleser!

Who said yes, who said no, are any of them especially wroth with Ephia's Well?

-
Youknowwho

Hierophant

A note finds itself nestled in the Creep, addressed to N.B.

QuoteSlow down before the sunlight of Pra'raj gives you pause and you burn out bright and large, my friend. These things come with time and I am nursing back together my own reputation first and foremost.

With that being said, a number of things I will not be your errand-boy for;

Anything related to Anathema of the Wheel. You know what I mean by this, or I pray you do else you find yourself truly cursed.

Standing among the Creep. You must choose one; do you want your exile lifted from Ephia's Well itself, or do you want to be the Gutter King? Rumors of your stall will do you no favors with lifting your exile, as Balstan made very clear in our recent meeting (your name unmentioned, to avoid suspicion).

As for the petitioning of the Cinquefoil Rose, I will make progress on this one soon. Which room is yours, by the way? What is it called? If you find a skilled sneak with greasy fingers, you could likely hire them to break in and steal back whatever sits there if it hasn't been seized already by the state.

Now. As for who hates who, while at Kardesler I realized many of the Astronomers, such as Zain and Zol Nur despise Prelate Argyris. They whispered of it many times, and could not keep their eyes off him as the Prelate made the Official from Qadira cry thrice. Il Modo left early, presumably to no avail; Qadira said nay. All others have joined together in what they are dubbing the Union of Kardesler.

I'm going to pretend you didn't write the implication that we bow down to Orcs.

Yours truly,
Dimitris Alexandros
The Logothete
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

zerotje

D.A.

Gutter King? I am the Interim-Legate of the Real Ephia's Well. Forget the exile lifting petitioning.

You are defiant in many things but this is acceptable now. We are in a negotiating phase. However, once we are past that, you should not expect boundless leniency.

Unexile me from the Krak. Forget the room.

Please let the Prelate know,  of the Astronomers hatred for him. That you could have that solved. You know how! If that doesn't bother him, just make up some lies until it does bother him. I hope you know how to lie???

I favor him over the bluerobes. He is a clever man and most of all not a risk averse coward like most in the Above-Well.

I hope this clears things up and leaves us without further barricades.

Think of the coin.

-
You know who

zerotje

D.A.

Got a tip I want you to pursue.

The Tower has some stains they wish cleaned.

We can clean.

Let them know somehow. Via-via, perhaps, to distance yourself.

-
You know who

zerotje

D.A.

Please visit, I have need of your services, to suppress and disencourage certain information and behavior.

I would discuss this matter in person.

But only if you have time and effort to spend playing an active role.

The issue(s) at hand require deliberate and immediate action and I have no time for a slow burn waste of time.

-
You know who (that pays well)

Hierophant

A note is left on the door to the Real Palatial Pyramid.

My friend,

I will come to you soon. Osric and I will break bread and sip wine soon, won't you join us?

- D.A
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

zerotje

D.A,

You were supposed to work for me.

Nevermind, then.

-
You know who