[DM] Chancellor Amira Khel

Started by Fuzz, May 08, 2024, 10:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzz

Chancellor Khel:

We do not know each other at all, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Shania, the current Union Chief of the newly formed Maestro's union of Ephia's Well. I am not sure if any of your current or former students have informed you of our organization, but we are a conglomerate of trade and craftsmen who have decided to band together in service of the Well and supporting its efforts in the war against Iakmes. To that end, we have pledged to donate 50% of all profits directly to the War Council.

In the interest of this goal, we have been in talks with various members of the Accords as well as other prominent citizens on the prospect of holding a charity auction to support the war effort on Maribeh 19, IY 7788. We have already amassed a sizeable collection of adventuring items and oddities to auction off, however outside groups are welcome to participate, as well. We will be charging a modest 10% commission on all sales, all of which will go to the War Council at the conclusion of the event.

I write to you to humbly make two requests, if the Sandstone College would approve:

1- If the College would like to donate any artifacts or interesting works or specimens which can acceptably be auctioned off due to minimal cultural or historical importance.

2- If the Sandstone College would be willing to allow us to host the auction in your spacious lecture hall, which is optimally designed for such an event.

While our by-laws prohibit his current active membership in the Union so that he can focus on affairs of state, we still count Legate Gloamingdaith amongst our number, and your recent graduate, Itri Ablator, has also joined our cause. Both speak highly of the College, and we would be honored and most grateful if you allow us the use of the premises.  All setup and operating costs would be handled by our Union as well as staffing for the event, though if you would prefer your own College staff to be present to oversee affairs, they would be most welcome. This will be a meeting which includes the Accorded factions, and no weapons will be allowed on the premises for the duration of the auction. I am in the process of requesting the presence of a few Jannisaries to help keep the peace in case tempers flare, as they often can during competitive auctions.

Thank you for your time and attention, I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Shania, Union Chief