Isaac's Lesser Gold Storm

Started by lovethesuit, October 18, 2008, 01:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovethesuit

As in, it stormed my gold and owned it. It cost 900 gold to scribe.

BrittanyPanthas

That's not a bug from my experience as a wizard.  Some spells are purposefully inflated in cost for balance reasons.  True Strike for example.

lovethesuit

It is a bug, because Isaac's is a poor spell and not by ANY means worth 900 coins. I mean, other fourth circle spells are only 400 coins. That means Isaac's costs 225% as much as any other spell of the same level.

Requiem

Unless it has been changed recently, it is not a bug. I remember scrolling several Lesser Missile Storm scrolls that cost around 400 coins.

lovethesuit

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. It costs 900.

Relinquish

Last I checked scribed isaacs scrolls are level 13, which is ridiculously good.

BrittanyPanthas

Evocation spells that have that much damage potential on a scroll and no save? They cost a great deal.

900 gold is more than reasonable for Isaac's Lesser Missile Storm.

The reason for the Inkwell Arcana is so that you won't 'accidentally' waste more money than you intended to spend on certain scrolls because the costs are not consistent with other spells of the same level for balance reasons.  That is how it was explained to me when I asked long ago.

Requiem

Quote from: lovethesuit;93291I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. It costs 900.

I was referring to the cost in the UD.

ExileStrife

This is intentional, this particular scroll is way too good to be priced at the level most of the other level 4 scrolls are at.  It hasn't been this way forever, but has been for awhile now (even in the Underdark).

Lupine Grace

As exilestrife says this is intentional, mostly because scrolls and items that cast Isaacs are automatically cast at max level. So max missiles! Pew pew!

Letsplayforfun

Yep, that's the though life of a wizard. Little hp, little ab, no weapons allowed, and little possibility to do recurrent damage with proper spells.

Thus you get mostly buffers.

Lupine Grace

Quote from: Letsplayforfun;93320Yep, that's the though life of a wizard. Little hp, little ab, no weapons allowed, and little possibility to do recurrent damage with proper spells.

Thus you get mostly buffers.

Hehe! When played properly in this setting wizards are quite powerful tools of destruction, just more suited towards buffing when it comes to questing, but now we're going way off!

Letsplayforfun

I'm being sarcastic, but this is a recurrent topic. With the spell panoply, wizards are of course great. But since most spell last peanuts, and others just don't work (knock, charm..), well...

Anyhow, this this off topic.

Back on: yes, some scrolls cost much more to make than others, and coming to Isaacs, it's a real killer spell on "one on one" PvP as:
- it inflicts lots of damage if it's on a single target,
- it allows no saving throws,
- shield potions are scarce,
- scrolls can't be interrupted
So yes, it should cost more.

Johannes

It has been established established that the issue stated is not a bug. This thread will now be locked.