EFUSS "Entertainment" Skill

Started by Egon the Monkey, August 26, 2009, 11:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egon the Monkey

Since there's no way to cross-class Perform, it would be a real RP asset for chars who are trained in acting or music (but without bardic magic) to have access to an "entertainment" skill. This would be used in situations where a perform check would be appropriate, so non-bard PCs aren't stuck with just their CH bonus.

Kotenku

I think this is a very good suggestion, and agree entirely.

Snoteye

I do think this has some merit. I'll leave it open a while for others to disagree.

BrittanyPanthas

I like this suggestion a lot.  It'd be great for storytellers especially.

Oskar Maxon

TheMacPanther

I think it is a damn good idea.

IxTheSpeedy

Agreed, it would provide a great RP tool and give another way to fill out a character with a formal education outside of Lore.

Gippy

Then we can get rid of perform!

Porkolt

NO WAY THERES NO WAY ANY OTHER CLASS THAN BARDS COULD EVER BE GOOD AT TELLING A STORY OR A JOKE OR SOMETHING

Egon the Monkey

Yup. You can't cross class it, and can't make an untrained check using loot, only CH. a skill that can go up to 10 points would be on par with crossclass skill points and loot. It would represent non magically enhanced unlike Bard Perform, but skilled entertaining and performing.

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Possibly add points to perform as well.

Ommadawn

You could make it like other secondary skills, so a select number of EFUSS points boosts perform by one point.  I like this idea though, as a boost to RP and character diversity.

BoomdaddyBP

Quote from: Egon the Monkey;142530Yup. You can't cross class it, and can't make an untrained check using loot, only CH. a skill that can go up to 10 points would be on par with crossclass skill points and loot. It would represent non magically enhanced unlike Bard Perform, but skilled entertaining and performing.

Actually, you can make an untrained check using loot. My current has done it. But that is beside the point, I like the idea.

Calculor

This is some serious bullshit. There is a bard class for a reason, and this entertainment skill would just cheapen it. If you want to be an artist, I think you should man up and take bard levels.

derfo

I agree with Calculor.