/c speed off

Started by Egon the Monkey, September 06, 2009, 11:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egon the Monkey

Is it possible to have a command (or set of them) to apply a deliberate speed penalty to your own PC in order to "turn off" barb speed/monk speed/ranger speed so you don't end up ahead of your group or shuffling awkwardly? Would anyone really want this? I find when playing chars with speed, or travelling with them, the speed difference gets annoying when they "walk really fast" for no clear reason.

Cruzel

It's possible,  Sir.

Not very hard either.

Skrillix

This suggestion has my full endorsement and support.

Luke Danger

Highly support. I can see a Ranger or Barb slowing down, though if combat initiates, this should automatically go back to full speed.

ScottyB

Quote from: Luke Danger;143796Highly support. I can see a Ranger or Barb slowing down, though if combat initiates, this should automatically go back to full speed.

There is no "on combat begin" event, even for NPCs. Speed adjustments are checked at area transitions.

lovethesuit

Why wouldn't you just walk manually with the mouse, or else zig zag? You don't all need to march in a neat little line you lemmings.

Go die.

AfroMullet

Be a man and show off how fast you are.

9lives

I can foresee such a command creating issues similar to those with wildshape and underwater areas.

TheWastesAreFrozen

Seems like something dumb to waste time on tbh, just wait for your friends or whatever the issue is. I'll take your movement increase if you don't want it :P

Letsplayforfun

Just wait on your pals, scan the area, scout ahead and come back...

Not worth scripting, imo.

Porkolt

Quote from: ScottyB;143809There is no "on combat begin" event, even for NPCs. Speed adjustments are checked at area transitions.

What about initiative rolls?

ScottyB

An event can be handled or hooked by a script. There is no scriptable event associated with the start of combat.

Disco

Is it really worth spending time on this? The barbarian or monk can easy waite for his party friends, without people spending time on scripting yet another script.

Cruzel

There may not be an event for it in the toolset, but that doesn't mean it's not possible, Sirrahs.

Stick an onhit: property on all the PC creature skins, then you have an 'event' for PVP combat. Monster skins would probably be tedious, so just stick something in the generic OnDeath, Any benefits/penalties the PC has for PVM would end when the monster dies.

Even if this particular feature isn't desired, such a property would probably prove useful in the long run anyways.

derfo

sounds like a waste of time and effort to implement. just stop moving every once in awhile if you are a fast class