Druid Shapeshifting: BEAR

Started by putrid_plum, October 21, 2008, 06:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

putrid_plum

I was wondering if we could get bear form back in the druid wildshape menue.  I read on the old forums that it was disabled but here we seem to have a great variety of bears!  I think it should be put back in as a choice.

ShiftingAllegiances

I agree. Cave bear anyone? No? In all honesty, a brown bear form or strong black bear form would be nice.

Ommadawn

It sounds very appropriate to me as well.

Oroborous

I really lamented the lack of a combat form for a druid when I played one. I still think it would be a nice addition for druids to have a high STR form.

RIPnogarD

Just wondering, but is the bear form coming back[COLOR="Red"]?[/COLOR] Kinda silly to change into a roth on this island IMO.

Daemonic Daz

Equinox

hells my druid char is big on bears. yet he cant use the form. agreed, i would really like to see this form available again.

The Beggar

Look, try the squirrel form. It's better for you.

Equinox

any news on this? i really would like to push this. I think its a really good suggestion.

MisterPAIN

Ancient Dire Bear Form.

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Ancient Rapid/Mutant Dire Bear Form.

Egon the Monkey

You forgot to add "cyborg" in there :P Or make it Teenage Mutant Ninja Dire Bear! Heroes in a Fur Face! Dire Power!

Oh a serious note though, having a handy combat form would be excellent for wannabe Shifters who would be shifting form a lot as their "thing". It would also be cool for RP purposes as being attacked/helped out by a bear-form druid would lead to stuff like "Was that a werebear? An animal that just hates Goblin Assassins? Talon... Were you behind that?",

The Crimson Magician

At least nerf it, to something around like, 20 strength. At default it has about 27, and I would suggest increasing the variability of damage to 1d8.

Low(ish) AC seems fair.