Zoe Tzimiska's Journal

Started by IKeepForgettingMyUserName, April 07, 2024, 06:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IKeepForgettingMyUserName

Since today is an overturning of the old, I thought I ought to try and record all intriguing discoveries I've made and will make.

My first day above and already I'm met with a panoply of colours, tastes and smells. It was almost overwhelming to be away from the grey and familiar. Doukas was there with me though and the contrast kept me steady. There's too much to write of so I shall only record the remarkable.

Firstly there were a few Pra'Raji coloured like steel and flames. They were bitter. Acidic? Red dreams. Red hues. It was very different from the Ferric. Did they really believe they were gods? They wouldn't stop to talk so I can't say.

I also met a bandit that wants to be King Orentes IV. He was very orange and he smelled woody. After I listened to him he agreed not to kill me which was a relief. He thought I was lying when I told him my name. I'm not sure how to feel about that. Perhaps we will meet again and I can learn more of him? He was very intriguing and seemed to have much potential.

Lastly I met an ashfolk called Zaheera. I've rarely seen ashfolk before. But above they are most common. She is bright yellow and smells of honey and lemons. She records history and dreams of meeting heroes. I don't think she was very clear on what heroes actually are, saying they are those that do what's necessary. Unless they are deep in mizzar clouds, most do what is necessary all the time, don't they? Perhaps she can tell me of the heroes she does discover and I can see for myself.

That's all for now. Hopefully there is much more to discover.

Above I continue to discover new interesting sights. I have been travelling with an ex-Balladeer called Gramr. He is exactly the sort of brave and bold hero I have always wanted to meet with scarlet silver and an undercurrent of yellow. By all accounts he was most foully dishonoured by the reigning Balladeer whose name I forget but he continues sustained on a drink the Sisterhood provides him. He has a dulcet smell. I look forward to discovering more.

Otherwise there is a Prince of Qadira who along with his small entourage is staying above. He is dark red and there is a caustic aroma that follows. There were no elves in his party which was unusual and welcome. There are so many elves up here now and I do not know how to act around them. No one else seems affected but they are very alien and I think I do not like being near them. Hopefully they will all leave and go somewhere else. 

---

Across the sands through strange vaunted halls, I supped and drank. A mix of colours all at once. Shifting tastes. Bitter. Sweet. Fragrant. Foul. And so easy to take. So proper. It makes for an intriguing prospect.

I spoke with a Sister of the Sibylline Sisterhood named Selsi. I cannot recall having seen a person more yellow than her, though there are subtleties and tinges I cannot quite makeout beneath the surface. She smells of over-ripe apples and strong spice. She asked me about the colour behind my eyes. I was not expecting such a question, and could not help but asking one of my own in reply. Does she see the same as me? What colour am I?

It would seem Leo and I are destined to forever be chasing after one another's shadow. I am told he lives still and that he is if not content, at least breathing and himself - which is far more than many can claim since the fall.

Still these shadows we leave each other have consequences. He's already entangled us both in a game of intrigue I only partially understand. I am however quite certain he's being played for a dupe, the bonds of the past are not so sure a thing as he seems to believe.

By none's leave, the Lion. How utterly hollow.

I had not thought that I would ever meet others who might see the same as me. The price was high, but it was a price for an echo. Not for me. There is rich colour here and I have only seen the thinnest layer.

Still, there are questions. To walk beyond oneself into another place forever risks leaving mirrors. To turn and see shades of your own reflection. And so I can't help but wonder - if one visited my ground, would they leave their own ghost? Would I thereafter be forever changed? And would that be so bad a thing?

Colour exists only where there is light and I see that light all the more clearly in the mirror of his eyes. The white contrasts the thick red and I stare and I cannot look away. How would such beauty even taste?

All becomes clear. I must nurture the garden. Prune away the weeds, shape the growing vine. And from its bounty, a feast.

Time and water.

A wolf has entered the garden. His smell offends.