I am Howlando, AMA

Started by Howlando, September 09, 2017, 11:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlando

Quote[/SIZE]While I don't want to imagine how many there have been, can you recall any character applications that really stood out to you throughout the chapters?
[/FONT]

We appear to have processed 4,792 applications. Bonescreech applications come to mind: they were always good. AMB applications were always beautifully presented with lots of imagery.

Quote[/SIZE][/FONT]I know the forums are an annoyance, but would you and the team consider opening up old faction forums for public view just for the sake of nostalgia and entertainment? The Conclave, the Mayor's forum for EFUM, Styigans, or even older things like Tigereyes and such.
Maybe.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote[/SIZE][/FONT]I understand that a certain NPC was created by you to represent an ex-girlfriend or something? Can you elaborate, and were there others that you recall making based upon real life people? Based on players?
[/SIZE][/FONT]
​Mostly a joke, sometimes I take names from real people but mostly just to amuse myself.

There are some NPCS who are somewhat based off of players but it would be unkind to list them.

Although actually the Appetite is kind of named for myself - kind of an inside joke - probably not what you might think, though!

Howlando

QuoteOK I am about to ask the most important question in EFU. Are there actually 10 gems on the Bilby Quest??
Does Sir Billby strike you as a liar?

The Old Hack

Quote from: Howlando;n681422Although actually the Appetite is kind of named for myself - kind of an inside joke - probably not what you might think, though!

Howland, I am in awe. That is a self-insert so grotesque that you have even Quentin Tarantino beat hollow. O.O

Eschatology

I've heard that Fort Mur used to be ruled by a powerful duergar sorcerer.

Is that sorcerer the limbless duergar who now hangs, suspended, as Baron Ormulax's seneschal...?

Howlando

QuoteI've heard that Fort Mur used to be ruled by a powerful duergar sorcerer.

Is that sorcerer the limbless duergar who now hangs, suspended, as Baron Ormulax's seneschal...?

~ Revelations ~

efuincarnate

We always get little dream messages when you rest. Most seem flashbacks to other chapters etc, but are  any ever flashforwards of things to come? Also, they are easy to skipover and not read if your in any kind of rush, should we be breaking out the dreamjournals? Or are they just ambient atmosphere? Like the messages in the Grotto.

Bacon_Cheese_Burger

Are there currently areas on EFU that players have not explored yet? (That requiers no DM aid)

Are there curently lore on EFU that players have not yet uncovered? (That requiers no DM aid)

TeufelHunden

What was behind that big mysterious door in the in between ruins? The one with the horned statues.

Sem

Does the Puzzler Key actually go to anything? If so, has anyone ever managed to find what it was?

Buckman's Goods

The lift down behind a locked gate in a certain burning cave (I hope you know where I mean. More hints might be spoilers) - Does it go anywhere currently accessible and is unlocking it possible without DM?

Sem

Is there any plans to expand on the area the above question mentioned, or the areas it's connected to? Is the placeable in the aforementioned area actually used for anything?

Howlando

QuoteWe always get little dream messages when you rest. Most seem flashbacks to other chapters etc, but are any ever flashforwards of things to come? Also, they are easy to skipover and not read if your in any kind of rush, should we be breaking out the dreamjournals? Or are they just ambient atmosphere? Like the messages in the Grotto.

Feel free to ignore, but certainly hints and clues have been found in the dreams.

QuoteAre there currently areas on EFU that players have not explored yet? (That requiers no DM aid)
I can't be certain, but I definitely know of some (big) areas that really are unknown to the vast majority of players - maybe 3-4 players have discovered them.

I strongly suspect some of the more obscurely hidden aspects of some things like certain exploreables probably have not been visited by any player, but again I don't know for sure.

QuoteAre there curently lore on EFU that players have not yet uncovered? (That requiers no DM aid)
Hard to answer this question without defining lore.

QuoteWhat was behind that big mysterious door in the in between ruins? The one with the horned statues.
I don't think I know what you mean but any doors in the In Between, even unopened ones, would need to be figured out IG.

QuoteDoes the Puzzler Key actually go to anything? If so, has anyone ever managed to find what it was?
It's a puzzle.

QuoteThe lift down behind a locked gate in a certain burning cave (I hope you know where I mean. More hints might be spoilers) - Does it go anywhere currently accessible and is unlocking it possible without DM?
QuoteIs there any plans to expand on the area the above question mentioned, or the areas it's connected to? Is the placeable in the aforementioned area actually used for anything?
This is a little too contemporary.

Certified Retrievals

Is there any significance in the similar appearances&designs of the 'ancient ruins' areas from Ymph and from Dunwarren? Like, I realize it probably wasnt intentional at the time, that's just the best-fit tileset, but would a curious architect be able to draw a short derivation between the corridors of the Sunken Enclave with those of Beyond the Bowels?

Howlando

QuoteIs there any significance in the similar appearances&designs of the 'ancient ruins' areas from Ymph and from Dunwarren? Like, I realize it probably wasnt intentional at the time, that's just the best-fit tileset, but would a curious architect be able to draw a short derivation between the corridors of the Sunken Enclave with those of Beyond the Bowels?

No, they should be quite different. Actually it's a pet peeve when sometimes players see patterns in similar tileset/placeables between areas that should be very different - it's important to understand that (particularly in the past) NWN was very limited in what we could do with building.

TeufelHunden

Oh damn, I meant the wardens district or whatever it was called in EFU:A there was a big door in the Wardens district with two horned statues on either side.