[A parchment to Alejandro Benjazar]

Started by granny, November 04, 2023, 02:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

granny

Esteemed Mister Benjazar,

I trust this letter finds you well. I wanted to express my sincere gratitude once again for your gracious assistance in person. The walking staff you offered me at such a reasonable cost has been an invaluable companion during my pilgrimage, and I am truly appreciative of your generosity.

As we discussed during our previous meeting, I am reaching out to provide you with the written transcript of the chant I have composed in honour of the Weeping Mother. I believe this chant embodies the essence of Her grace and the life She brings to our arid lands.

Your willingness to help find a skilled singer or musician to perform this chant during the upcoming festivities is greatly appreciated. I am confident that with your support, we can create a memorable and moving tribute to the Weeping Mother that will resonate with all who attend.

Please find enclosed the written transcript of the chant. If you require any further assistance or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Once again, I extend my heartfelt thanks for your kindness and support of our shared beliefs. I eagerly await your response and look forward to the upcoming festivities.

In Mother's weeping embrace,
Farideh Goldbarg.

[An ashfolk, adorned in the sacred attire of the B'aarat, solemnly makes her way to the Krak of des Roses. Clutched in her weathered hands, she carries a carefully wrapped package, within which lies the primary parchment of a letter.]

Don Nadie

[After sending a copy of the chant and the letter to Bashir, Alejandro pens his own response.]

Dear señorita Farideh,

It shall be my pleasure to include your chant in the Feast's events. I would still invite you to consider performing it yourself - training, you see, is less important than sincerity and the heart. And none can perform with more heart than the author.

Whatever your choice, I thank you.

Yours,

Alejandro.

granny

Dear Mister Benjazar,

I am deeply grateful for your gracious response and your kind willingness to include my chant in the Feast's festivities. Your words resonate with the wisdom of sincerity and heartfelt connection to the material.

I must admit that my reluctance to sing the chant stems from my desire to hear it brought to life by a skilled and passionate performer who can do justice to its meaning. However, your encouragement has not fallen on deaf ears. While I may not take up the role of the performer, I am open to sharing one tale on the Mother's teachings, a story that has been passed down through the generations of my family.

Once again, I express my sincere gratitude for your support and understanding. I look forward to witnessing the hymn's performance during the Feast, knowing it will be in capable hands.

In Mother's weeping embrace,
Farideh Goldbarg

[An ashfolk rushes into the bustling heart of the Krak des Roses, a disarray of packages and scattered letters trailing in his hurried wake. In his determined quest, he seeks to deliver a letter to some Alejandro Benjazar.]

[OOC: Can you share the OOC time/ date of the event, please?]

granny

Esteemed Mister Benjazar,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and high spirits as we approach the Feast of B'aara. I write to you with two purposes that I believe you should be aware of. Firstly, I wish to inform you of the actions I have taken regarding the forthcoming feast, and secondly, I require your support in an important matter.

In my unwavering devotion to B'aara and our beloved Ephia's Well, I have reached out to Exchequer Sol Auk Sol Auk of the Consortium. My intent is to request sponsorship for the feast, which would encompass providing much-needed dinars to the B'aarat Almshouse in the Tablet, as well as an item of interest for the winner of the B'aarat Hymns Contest, a new addition to the celebration that I believe would elevate our festivities.

This contest will call upon the most devoted and creative voices of our community to compose and perform their heartfelt hymns to B'aara, to praise Her waters, and to tell the tales of salvation they bring. I believe that such an event would truly embody the spirit of the Feast of B'aara, bringing us closer to our Mother through song and devotion.

To this end, I would like to ask for your assistance in organizing the B'aarat Hymns Contest. I would be deeply grateful if you could oversee the selection of judges, find more sponsors, and ensure that this contest becomes an integral part of our celebration. Your expertise in event organization and your dedication to our Ephia's Well would be invaluable in making this contest a resounding success.

Furthermore, I have reached out to Captain Naelin and Lieutenant Sephidra of the Torchbearers to propose an expedition to the sacred sites of our faith. While they have yet to give their official consent, I am hopeful that they will agree to undertake this endeavor. This expedition will serve as a source of inspiration for the contestants, unearthing ancient hymns, lore, and archaeological objects dedicated to The Weeping Mother. Collaborating with the Torchbearers in this endeavor would provide a unique and profound experience for all participants. I believe these sacred discoveries will enrich the contest and deepen our connection to our faith's history and values.

Should you have any questions or require further information regarding this, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. It is my hope that together we can create a Feast of B'aara that will be talked about and remembered for years to come.

In anticipation of your guidance and wisdom in this matter,
Farideh Golbarg, Waterbearer of the Weeping Mother

[An ashfolk, their white robes shimmering like desert sands, solemnly approaches the towering gates of the Krak des Roses, trembling as they hand over the letter to a towering guard.]

Don Nadie

Esteemed señora mia,

It is with great pleasure that I hear of your plans for a contest of Hymns to B'aara. I think it is an excellent idea! My main concern, however, is that as we struggle to find musicians and artists to participate in the Feast in the first place, any attempt at a contest for artists may be bound to just have the same three or four people we've seen before.

This would make for less than stimulating competition.

I hope you do not mind if I add this idea to the current list of projects. We shall, I hope, speak with the Legates soon and make a decision on which options to pursue, and how the Pyramid's treasury may help. It is best to have a few good items than a myriad projects bound to disperse the attention and enjoyment of the participants.

As for your desire to organize some expeditions with the Torchbearers, that is commendable. Few people are as apt as navigating the world as them, and even those of us who are owe much of our skill to time spent in their company. I would advice starting with the oasis of Al'Nafura, where the faithful of the Mother seek healing and respite. 

Lasty, I suggest you be careful in your dealings with the Consortium.

Yours,

Alejandro