[A parchment to Ricardo Corvo]

Started by granny, November 08, 2023, 09:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

granny

Dear Mister Corvo,

As a fellow traveler on this journey through life, I'm sharing a hymn I penned in honor of B'aara, the Weeping Mother. It's a tribute to her grace and the healing embrace she offers to all her children, regardless of their beliefs.

Feel free to listen to these verses in your own time, and remember that the waters of B'aara offer solace to those who seek it. She watches over us all, her tears a source of boundless compassion.

In this shared moment, I hope you find a connection with the faith of the Weeping Mother, and I'm here to answer any questions or engage in discussions you might have.

Wishing you peace and understanding,
Farideh Goldbarg
Waterbearer of the Weeping Mother

[An ashfolk, small but swift, dashes through the bustling Krak des Roses. Clutched in her tiny hands, a rolled-up parchment seems almost comically oversized in her grasp. She zips around market stalls and dodges patrons with impressive agility, on her mission to deliver a letter to Ricardo Corvo.]

Gordan

[The ashfolk will not find Riccardo Corvo in the krak as he spend his resting time in the Tablet instead, healing and offering succor to the needy, but he will recieve such message not the less and answer]

Dear priestess.

Yu claimed often that there is a lack of faith in the well, that those lack of faith is the reason why everything seems fall apart araund us and where all this misfortunes come, but have you ever thought that it could be the opposite?

The sultanate that preached the faith of the Wheel in the desert is slowly decaying, the Modo, however, despite the thousand difficulties of the sea, disease and war, resists.
I understand your devotion, we also strongly believe that, for the sake of the harmony of the Dome as well as the fate of every soul, it is absolutely necessary to convert as many people as possible.

And it's sad think that we agree on many things, on how to live a life, I know what is worth protecting and safeguarding, and yet we argue about our mythologies and how the world works.

I work in the Wardin refugee in the Tablet, where i try heal and help with the skills my faith teached me the poors, until i do not find a way home this is what i will do, protect the weak, the poor, deseased, and as a sellword bring justice over the land who spite us, under the cruel sun you demonize.

I find sad how was considered a simbol of hope, renowal and mercy when i was a child...the image of the sun, is now considered a symbol of hatred and spite, but this is the nature of time.

There is a part of your Hymm i have questions abaut, you wrote

"The first among us, Emir, a beacon in the night,
Led us into the shade, away from Pra'raj's spite."

Who is this Emir you talk abaut? the leader of the faith? the ancestor of the sultan? or else?

Thanks for your time, i will wait your answer

- Riccardo Corvo

PS: i did not recieved the message because was left at the krak, i rest at the Tablet

granny

Dear Mister Corvo,

In the sands of Ephia's Well, our conversations weave like the desert winds, carrying thoughts and reflections. I understand your sentiments, and it is not a lack of faith that plagues our realm but the veils of misunderstanding draped over the profound teachings of the divine.

We live in a time of strife, where the wisdom of the Wheel is forgotten, and false knowledge takes root. The temples we build are not just structures of stone; they are reminders, echoes of the Path of the Wheel, calling people to rediscover the harmony that has been obscured.

Your observant gaze discerns that the issue is not with the sun itself, but with this sun – a manifestation of misguided beliefs and misconceptions. Together, may we strive to cast away the winds of ignorance and uncover the true essence of the divine teachings.

To unravel the mysteries of Emir, venture to the Temple of B'aara and seek the wisdom of the sister within. She, the bearer of sacred knowledge, first unfolded the tales of Emir to me.

In unity and understanding,
Farideh Goldbarg, Waterbearer of the Weeping Mother

[An ashfolk, swift as the desert breeze, darts through the arid expanse of the Tablet. Clutching a parchment, the diminutive figure maneuvers with surprising agility. The letter in her tiny hands hints at the importance of its contents, destined for Riccardo Corvo.]

Gordan

Dear priestess.

I'm been in the temple, a noblewoman spitted me on the face as i entered but i presume been a water-faith was a act of kindness, or maybe not, i do not realy care.

I talked with the priestess who told me the fable   story of the mother of rivers, i must say is interesting but there are some parts of it that make me questions my knowledge of the pantheon

The childrens the tears of the mother gave live, they were the ashfolks rigth? or is believed is all life as we know? because that would make the Mother the creatore of all life, and that mean also elves, dwarves, goblins, orcs, sibilants and the like, is something that make me reflect.

And then there is the part that she is dead, she is been killed in her own story but yet she still grant powers to her followers, and that is curios for another reason, in one of my first days in this well i remember a old man in the krak who named the gods of the old city that was, he was a old man who was convinced that even if they do not listened to his prayers he would have never abbandoned the Lord he used to serve when he was young, but a priestess of the wheel tried to persuade him to abbandon his headstrong convinctions with "why serve the old dead gods when you can worship the new live ones?"

Seems to me life and dead means nothing for a deity, yet the abitants of the city that was are sure their gods existed, but are dead, so do not longer answer them...yet yours are also dead, and answer. maybe this is a stupid question but growning up in a city without the faith in gods myself is something that make me wonder how this work.

With respect

- Riccardo Corvo