Arbiter Ashenforge, Grumpy Dwarf

Started by Arc, March 02, 2020, 10:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arc

Well. Arbiter Ashenforge was my first "major" character this chapter, and I put a lot of work into him. Both receiving huge chunks of mechanical advice from many players, taking mechanics a lot more seriously then I usually do, and trying to drive an elite faction character almost exclusively by player initiatives. I thought it'd be fun to try to bring as many people into the orbit or opposition of the Arbiters as I could.

[hide="Screenshots"]
Getting started:

Deep Plots:

Did... Did you just blow up the cube?

As is tradition, Loot. But because I'm an utter bastard, no stats for you:
[/hide]

Was a fun time. I'll see you on the next one.

Wakefield

Godspeed, Arbiter.

Sitting in the Open Door and sharing a conversation between two off-duty 'lawmen' remains one of the highlights of my time on EFU. Ashenforge was a favorite of mine. He blended the feeling of an everyman doing his job and the tone of a zealous believer perfectly. I'm sad I missed a chance to see him again before he died.

You played a fantastic character, sir. I'm eager to meet the next one. <3

Richørd

Fat R.I.P.

Ashenforge was my favorite Arbiter. Freaking beast that guy, both in mechanical strength and IC respect.

GJ!

Pandip

Great dwarf, great Arbiter. Only interacted with him at arm's length. Might have plotted his death a few times, and a bit sad that House Velstra vs Arbiters plot didn't come more fully to the fore.

Good luck on the next!

Cat

A fantastic Arbiter. As Fitz said, if only we had been able to continue on with the Velstra/Arbiter line and gotten to interact more.

Aethereal

I liked Ashenforge's presence and the OOC-courteous way he went about handling infringements and breakage of the Scrolls while still being a very prominent and looming presence, always on the pulse of Scrollbreaker developments. Totally thought that Naga's Yevethax-priestess was going to murder him in the duel though, "Im-possible."
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.

Grix

Ashenforge died? Noooooooo! Rest in peace brotha! One of my favorite dwarves and one of angvalds longest living brothers. Truly awesome character and sad to see him go! A couple of working dwarves in the service of the city.

Ironside

Really excellent.  Looking forward to your next!

Last Cold Tome

Very much enjoyed our conflict, but I have to say the (slightly) less hostile initial interactions were even more fun. You did a great job on this PC, well done for sticking with the concept and really fleshing it out!

Blue41

Dovan always felt like the loose cannon of the Cube, and I missed comparing conspiracy theories and plotting plans of attack, even though we never got to play together for as long as I would've liked. Well done, man.

Maxwell Artfall

Get into my timezone you dingus loved the character and wish I could have seen him more often