Laboratory Lair

Started by Kinslayer988, September 07, 2017, 07:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinslayer988

Who doesn't enjoy the mad professor, evil genius, or misunderstood philosopher? They are known for their doomsday devices, mutations, strange sciences, and forbidden knowledge. I think that a lair specifically targeted at criminal mages would be fantastic and fit in nicely with the other lairs available.

Visually the laboratory lair would use the ruins tileset. It would have an off-color hue (blueish green) representing various gasses released from the owner's projects. The area would be decorated with test-tubes, shock effects on pillars of power, and arcane symbols would line the flooring.

Mechanical Features of the lair would include:
  • Improved alchemy, tinkering, herbalism stations (when the features return)
  • A work-desk that can be used to craft various unique trinkets at the cost of lair points. Examples being gear that changes spell effects, add spellslots, and minor use per day items.
  • An igor-like assistant that would cast spells.
  • Failed experiments would act as the guards for the lair.
  • A heal station for when experiments get a bit violent.
  • Storage Chest for reagents
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Decimate_The_Weak

Get this implemented. A+

zDark Shadowz

This is probably a fusion of the Dunwarren & Crypt Lair huh? Better be Resident Evil-style zombies :)

RagingPurpleGiant

Gnome lair for my Udlenite please
<elmo>: i have to say for me your glory days have been on EFUR RagingPurpleGiant1

Kinslayer988

Although some aspects of this could be found in other lairs (crypt/dunwarren/small factors of others) I believe that having a lair dedicated to forbidden research would draw unique concepts that the others could not.
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Pentaxius

Fantastic idea.

The Vile Cathedral

A Lair for clerics/relic guardians of evil intent and with an established fearsome reputation.
  • Sacrificial altar that grows in power with PC sacrifices, converts and prayers...
  • Cultist NPC...
  • Specific incentive for other religious characters to seek and destroy.
  • Clerical spells dispensed by cultist NPC, or random blessing mechanic.

Certified Retrievals

Quote from: Pentaxius;n681147The Vile Cathedral

It's pronounced 'vee-lay'...