Scrivener Charlie Graystard

Started by Bearic, January 20, 2019, 12:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearic

The Last Year of EFU has been great, I started Charlie around the beginning of Janurary, probably the fifth, so it was suiting that at his year's anniversary of diligently recording Doom, the End would come. I have already posted many a screen of the Red Banner, Grandbones, and the Cultists of Set that began to mold and form Charlie into what he would be.

The Elven Twins, though not incredibly devote followers, would be agreeable in shaping the foundations of respect seen of the Mausoleum in the coming End, as we hunted Necromancers, and worked alongside Savael in seeing the Mournful spirits of the elves given to peace - even if they did not live to see it.

When it became apparent that Middle Sanctuary had been abandoned, Charlie made it certain that the Mausoleum was with the last Sanctuaries, until the End.

As assassins, murdering warriors, and heroes rose and fell, Charlie recorded their deeds and aided them with potions and persuasive suggestions to deter those that sought to do them harm. Recounting the deaths of Baron Ormulax, Councilors, The Mayor, the Drow of Lower, Magnatz, Melinda Bresley, and eventually the Elder Brain Ysinode.

Azanari, the Baron Mikolova, the workings of Ikran and Kora each played parts in how Charlie would operate in Sanctuary and become as a person. Over time he grew to better understand the wants of Jergal, and slowly crept away from the shell of reciting: "By the Flames of Kossuth, by the Writ of Kelemvor, and By the Will of the Lord of Bones", and simply began to chant the Doom of the Coming End. No one would need to bare the pain of living or undeath, any longer.

The First Scribe had one last task, before the End. Record everything you can of those still living in Enginetown, [Thanks Abala for the suggestion!] And so he did, and he did die moments before the Appetite, a great undead abomination in the eyes of Jergal, died as well.

I ran out of stuff. It was an awesome End, though. His last words were when he was chasing some giant chosen spewing dark magics: "DIE NECROMANCER!"

[hide="Loot:"]

- Charlie's Final Form, level ten! I fixed the Champion of name. XD

- Won from a chance in a portal with Howlando and Dangerous Dan!
  - Won from a chance in a portal with Howlando and Dangerous Dan!
- Found this awesome thing on a hero!
- Recovered in a Dream quest by Elmo, I would gather a second one and a +1 Str bonus for Charlie's carrying diligence towards the End.
The Bulwark came to me after I lost my old zhurkwood shield due to having too much stuff in my inventory.
I was actually searching for something to replace it.
Then this happened.

I will grab details of my blue knowledge robes and the awesome Belt of the Undying Sage, Gip gave me for Ysinode. XD [/hide]

[hide="Ysinode"]

[/hide]

[hide="Bessie's Crew"]

[/hide]

[hide="The Twins Ending"]

[/hide]

[hide="Looks Neat"]

[/hide]

[hide="Scrivener stuff"]

- Sat on this for a long time, as it wasn't to be recorded. Some times a little legal assistance is all that is required for repose.

[/hide]

Moonlighter

Loved this dude. Not much more to say other than that. Just excellent.

Pup

I loved Big Chuck.  My character Artreez particularly had great respect for him.  Fantastic char that really stuck to his beliefs and carried out his duties most, well...  Dutifully.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Pig-a-dig

Arc

The Scrivener. I cant think of any other faction ever as utterly defined by a single PC as this. Charlie was, to me, a more integral part of the faction then the Tash family. Absolutely legendary.

Aethereal

A prolific scrivener, truly  dedicated to the sacred duties. I very much commend your tireless work in keeping the records up to date.

It was great to have such a force of the Lord of the End of Everything as a backbone of the holy work right up to the appointed hour. And it was an honour (also as a player a very satisfying conclusion) to be there beside him (I know Charlie wasn't at ignition but he was clearly doing his part elsewhere as his journal would indicate) and everyone else as one of the final scribes, scrivening the last demise before the brilliant and most beautiful End.

Kudos really goes to the DM team for ending it with a (literal) blast and all of us for our contributions to the story over the years. As we move forward into a new world, everything that came before remaining as but a cherished memory.
---
'Even life eternal is not time enough to see, all the folly and despair of poor Humanity.' - To Life - A Shoggoth on the Roof

It is through Art, and through Art only, that we can realise our perfection.