Amendments to existing Sorcerer Perks

Started by One_With_Nature, March 06, 2019, 04:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One_With_Nature

Just a few suggestions which I think will make some perks more interesting and viable choices without making them unbalanced etc...

Sorcerer:

Contriver:
Level 1: All Armour Proficiencies. -35% Spell failure
Level 5: +3 Discipline, +2 Constitution
Level 8: /2 Physical Resistannce, Armour penalties to skills reduce to 0 no matter worn armour, Mage armour now grants +2ac any medium armour +1 to heavy armour.

Cultist:
Level 1: +3 Persuade, +20 summon points, 1/day bless
Level 5: (remove +1 uni saves) add +3 spellcraft, +40 Summon points, 1/day prayer
Level 8: Bless increased to 3/day, Lesser Planar Binding +1 (Permanent summon 4), 60 Summon points

Hydromancer:
Level 1: +1 cold damage to held weapon, Slow Regen under water, potions heal 1hp (Cold weapon for flame redundant can do it in starting area)
Level 5: Cold Orb 1/day, Half spellcasting ability under water, Double water breathing. Receive a  buff for class level/hour after entering an underwater area.
Level 8: 50% Cold Immunity, weapon rec on hit freeze, no water casting penalty, +10% movement under water, Summon Water Elemental level 4 1/day
Spell Changes: Mage armour grants wearer (sorc only) on hiz freeze ability. Combust changed to Ice Damage - each round save is vs slow but at half damage. Slow grants freeze animation as well and makes target vunrable to cold damage.

Tribal Shaman:
Level 1: Animals don't attack, +5/+5 hide/ms large +2/+2 small, OWTL 1/day.
Level 5: Polymorph Self 1/Day, +3 spot/Listen, 10% elemental reduction, Tracking ability
Level 8: +2 wisdom, Bonus while in wilderness area +1/5 dr, +4/+4 hide/ms (remove hold animal)

Unpredictable:
Level 1: +3 intimidate, On hit chaos shield increase to level 5.
Level 5: Spell DC Fluctuation, Random element on all elemental spells, Aura of chaos - Random benefit/disadvantage granted every 5 turns to Sorcerer and those within a certain range
Level 8: Gift of Pandemonium.

Zealous Faith:
Level 1: Just alter to allow magic weapon to add benefits to others.
Level 5: Add Turn undead ability (Alignment/Race appropriate Domain based on)
Level 8: Allow flame weapon change to be granted to others. Varied bonuses dependent on how many PC's are around with the same faith.

Anonymous Lemur

Quote from: One_With_Nature on March 06, 2019, 04:25:15 PMHydromancer:
Combust changed to Ice Damage - each round save is vs slow but at half damage. Slow grants freeze animation as well and makes target vunrable to cold damage.

Some of these seem pretty neat. Though this change would be absolutely bonkers. Even at half damage it would make the level 5 necromancy spell "Beltyns Burning Blood" (which is just multi elemental combust with less damage that slows in the necromancy school) look like a cantrip!

To be honest hydromancer could easily stand toe to toe with the other perks with just two tweaks from its original: +2 DC to Burning Hands, Combust converted to cold damage

Grouch

I would like to see Ooze Savants level 8 bonus changed as well.

Currently it is 50% DI vs Acid (Meh) and 1/day Crumble

I personally think the acid DI is thematic and fine, but the 1/day crumble is not only useless it doesn't make any sense to me as Crumble is a druid only spell.

I think the Ooze Savant perk level 8 should be 50% DI and 3/day CL5 Mestils Acid Breath instead or something along that line. Maybe 1/day Greater Magic fang for its druid spell.. Mmmm Tasty
Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)

Knight Of Pentacles

Give oozesavants the woodland stride feat at 8. 

Pup

I would suggest moving this to Talir's Perk Suggestion Thread.  May get attention more quickly.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Time_Stomped

ice combust might as well be drown with that overpowered idea