Typos

Started by AKMatt, June 16, 2011, 12:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKMatt

I'm going to use this thread to report any typos in the conversations or narrative text related to entering the server and initial user experience, since these will be the areas by which new players judge the server.  Any little nit-picky thing I catch, I'll post here.

• Found a typo in Lanfaer Glitterwill's conversation.  After choosing the "What is going on?" conversation choice, then following up with "Catastrophe?  Curse....?" the second sentence of the resulting paragraph is "She has cursed the Island and all who dwell her[e] with her Withering."  Figure that first "her" should be "here."

• Narrative text upon first appearing in the Ziggurat says, "In a shocking display of magic, you are ripped from your former life and deposited here at the heightest part of this ruined Ziggurat."  "Heightest" should be "highest."

• In the 2-4 Sarcophagus quest there is a typo in the conversation of an NPC atop a tower.  She says, "... the shriek of a lamed beast as it torn from behind ..." should be the word "is" between "it" and "torn."

• Old Muskroot's conversation, "... so that you may heard what is said ..." "heard" should be "hear."

Howlando

All fixed. Thank you reporting this, death to typos.

tropic

Sleepy Elven Adventurer, Halls of Governance:
"They have a Mayor .. so, strange .. I had dreamed there would be a King."

Should be:
"They have a mayor... so strange... I had dreamed there would be a king."

War Refugee, the Last Keep, Lower Level:
"The years have been hard to us all. Spair a coin, sire?"

Should be
"Spare a coin, sire?"

Howlando

chezcaliente

More than a typo, but a similar level of urgency:

The description for the "Village Stash" placeable in the Unyielding camp is set to that of a stew.

Howlando

Wrexsoul

The fellow standing guard outside the Aberdenn hall is named "Aberdeen House Guard". Should probably be "Aberdenn House Guard".

Somniis

Under the Info tab on the Forums here... In the Mistlocke Manual, under Mechanics, then New Cleric Domains... the Law Domain Spells are merged at the end of the Illusion Domain Spells listing. Law Domain should be given a separate heading between Illusion and Luck.

chezcaliente

Quote from: Somniis;246477Under the Info tab on the Forums here... In the Mistlocke Manual, under Mechanics, then New Cleric Domains... the Law Domain Spells are merged at the end of the Illusion Domain Spells listing. Law Domain should be given a separate heading between Illusion and Luck.

Might I request that we have two threads, one for Website typos and one for typos in the module? If you could re-post yours Somniis with the thread subject of "[WEBSITE] Typos", that would be great.

This is only because the people who deal with them are quite separate!

Incorrigible

http://www.escapefromundeath.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46282

On that thread the link to the DM Factions and You thing isn't being set as a link. Have to copy and paste it for it to work. On the topic of website typos :) Not related to typos, but if the Roleplaying Attributes thread could be returned, that would rock. It's currently stuck in a DM only page since it was in info for new players. A very useful tool that might make a good addition to the stickies list.

xXCrystal_Rose

http://www.escapefromundeath.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46282

Website typo: On that thread the link to the DM Factions and You page isn't being set  as a link. Have to copy and paste it for it to work. Also not related to typos but related to that linked page, if the Roleplaying Attributes thread could be  returned, that would rock. It's currently stuck in a DM only page since  it was in info for new players. A very useful tool that might make a  good addition to the stickies list.

Ebok

Inside the Beginners Abandoned Supplies Quest, there is a corpse of an "Long Dead Dominion Citizen" and right next to him is a "clutched old paper". Within the paper ... "and ordered a general embargo ..." It presently reads "gemeral".

Howlando

Fixed (IG typos only, I'm not messing with the website)

Wrexsoul

Another IG one; The triggered blue combat log text that appears when crossing the bridge into Mistlocke. It reads: "A narrow, deep river flows smoothly below. Strange flickering forms and ->figure<- almost seem to be moving about in its depths." 'Figure' should be 'figures'.

Howlando