The Sandstone Examinations

Started by Ziya, March 28, 2024, 03:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziya

QuoteOOC: I'd be very grateful if you can send your answers as personal messages to Ziya via the Forums. A sample answer sheet is provided below. Feel free to reach out via Discord if you would prefer another way of sending answers.

Quote from: Sending by Balstan GloamingdaithWould yer be keen on winning a princely sum of 3,500 dinars, if nay more? If so, hearken to my words, the words of Balstan, scholar of the Sandstone, and author of the Compendium to Ephia's Well.

Ahead of the coming month of Tammuz, the Sandstone College shall be administering its first inaugural Sandstone Examination. Each examination, a paper, one comprising of 35 marks.

All and sundry may participate and submit yer answer, be yer Voiced or Voiceless, Accord or otherwise, Apothar or Nadiri, Legate or gnome.

Amidst the brewing war, t'is be a test - of pure and honest merit, fer t'is a well-educated and well-schooled populace and soldiery that shall triumph over the lackwit and granite-minded.

The highest-scoring in the test shall win a princely sum of 3,500 dinars. The first runner-up, the second runner-up, the one who wrote the best essay, the one who scored highest as Voiceless, shall all have their own prizes. Yer can win more than one.

Beware, and act with alacrity, aye, fer if there be a tie, the tiebreaker would be the one who submitted first and ahead of the others. And each examinee can only submit their answers once. In writing. To the Sandstone.

For the Voiceless, this is an opportunity true to me of the Gold League - a chance to rise, via yer own merit, yer own studies, and research. For the Voiced, yer may do as yer please with the dinars.'

The paper for Tammuz be published. If yer wish tae participate, yer have to the 15th of Tammuz, or three days from when I receive 30 submissions.

Live and drink, aye.

The Tammuz Sandstone Examination Paper

[close]

Code ("Sample Answer Sheet") Select
[b]Tammuz Sandstone Examination[/b]
Examinee Name:
Citizenship Status: [Voiced or Voiceless]

[b]Multiple Choice Component:[/b]
1.[A, B, C, or D]

[b]Crossword Component:[/b]

[b]Essay Component:[/b]
[Start here...]

Ziya

Quote from: Balstan Gloamingdaith, Results of the Tammuz Sandstone ExaminationEphians, friends, kin, and kith. T'is been my hope that the results of the Tammuz Sandstone Examination may be announced in a proper ceremony at the College, but scheduling and the limitations of time have made it nigh impossible. I am forced, ergo, to announce it via Bellows...

To my great delight, there were twelve answer scripts that were submitted. Most of these were excellently written, and I will be publishing choice essays over the coming days, including one from the beloved Alejandro.

There were two perfect scores, which required tiebreaker by virtue of the first answer to be submitted. One of the answers received a score of eight out of thirty-five. The rest were largely excellent, falling betwixt thirty to thirty-four.

Question nine was considered defective. Any answers fer it were marked correct, as there were two separate sources providing two separate possible answers; I am pleased that more than one identified this.

And now, fer the ones who won the various prizes on offer...

Fer both scoring third and having penned the best essays of the lot, Acolyte Miro Lac-du-Manse.

Fer scoring second, albeit, with a perfect score, but coming just twelve hours after the first, Nadiri Zain al-Saiba, a credit to the Astronomers and their institution of learning.

And finally, scoring first, and also being Voiceless, ergo winning the Torchbearer's Torch of Illumination prize fer the Voiceless...

Miss Millefiori Safran.

I will be seeking yer out over the coming days tae deliver yer various prizes. Congratulations, and well done. Live and drink, aye.

Ziya

QuoteOOC: I'd be very grateful if you can send your answers as personal messages to Ziya via the Forums. A sample answer sheet is provided below. Feel free to reach out via Discord if you would prefer another way of sending answers.

The Maribeh Sandstone Examination Paper

[close]

Code ("Sample Answer Sheet") Select
[b]Maribeh Sandstone Examination[/b]
Examinee Name:

[b]Multiple Choice Component:[/b]
1.[A, B, C, or D]

[b]Crossword Component:[/b]

[b]Essay Component:[/b]
[Start here...]