Cosine Mevura

Started by Stranger, April 05, 2024, 01:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johanmaxon

Great job.

I really enjoyed Cosine. He was a great counterpart to Caddy, and our interactions coming from different viewpoints of the world was always stimulating. He was the main representative of the Astronomers for me learning about the factions of the server.

Just like FSP I don't have many screenshots of Cosine that don't include spoilers so I will just leave this:

Stranger, my hat off to you! 

Runic

Gonna miss him
RIP King Cosine

Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi

I loved him and he will be missed. Great screenshots also!

Octarine

What an incredible PC from an incredible player.

Styngraven

Always an entertaining character to interact with. I'll miss him but I'm looking forwards to what you will do next.

Vegan_Snickerdoodles

Well we both died. Akna soon, but Cosine soon enough. The two of them existed adjacently for a long time before they ever spoke. When they finally did, that made it all the more interesting; a whole bunch of tensions in the air, they instantly flew into politics.

It was their first real conversation, but it was a long one, and a good one. Here's a snippet- a piece of what each thought;

Hide

[close]
Hide

[close]

After getting to know each other, they continued to interact politically, and a bit personally. Akna liked him, despite X, Y and Z reservations- these reservations Cosine of course probably shared regarding her. It was always fun, even with how rarely they were ever actually on the same page. In the end, they both went off to war and didn't make it back.

I really enjoyed enjoyed Akna's interactions with him. Well done.

crestfallen

A pretty cool dude and a fun frenemy to have. The server's not really going to feel the same without him.

Would sell secrets to him for seven gp again.

see you on the other side king

sankarul

I'm sad I saw so very little of Cosine, both with other chars, but also with my astro. The little I saw though, I liked it.

Hierophant

Three moments with Cosine across two different PCs with different perspectives were by far my favourite. They weren't anything too major to either character, but it was human and immersive. Eamon, Gausim and Cosine hanging out in the Temple of B'aara, Eamon pleading with Cosine for the support of the Astronomers and being told 'maybe next election', and all of Diadys' interactions with Cosine were really enjoyable. I know you wanted to live much longer on Cosine but I'm excited to see what you do next. Good luck!
How long, Catiline, will you continue to abuse our patience?

Ironside

Every setting there are PCs that are great, and cool, but maybe once in a setting's lifetime there are PCs that are definitional and fundamental to a faction or group or place.  Cosine was one of those rare PCs. 

Cosine was definitive, and spectacular, and you nailed it.   

CoffeeBean

Cosine was a pinnacle of all I've come to expect from stranger's PCs in quality.

AsheandCinders

I cannot think of a single interaction I had with Cosine that I didn't enjoy every second of...
Apart from maybe the Negotiations in the Scribal Office. But at least after the first 2 hours you offered to let us stop for a drink.

A truly exceptional PC, and one who shall be deeply missed.