Tone down Marching Dead reward

Started by Denko, October 20, 2008, 04:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denko

I mean, you get like 20 minor wounds potions, delight Ymph pearl, 3 moderate potions and a helm with 10 dragon breath charges without even needing to complete the quest. And the zombie you need to kill to complete it is very close to the entrance.

Daemonic Daz

Considering the amount of dangers currently in the ruins and about the island. The helmet disappearing on reset, and hardly any law enforcement to protect from PC bandits and the like. I think the reward is pretty reasonable

Dilandau Kale

Also since it a random spawn (except for the helmet) I've had occasions were I've only gotten maybe 2 cure minor potions and a brass wand. Sometimes you get really good, sometimes you get really bad. I say leave it the way it is.

petey512

BTW, gold is very scarce right now, I can only think of three quests that pays money. I think the reason there are so many good items like these is for us to sell them to other PCs and the like.

Do keep it like it is, it's not necessarilly a difficult quest, but there is a risk of disease, and that's a pain in the butt as it is. especially if you havn't any money or a cleric at you current dispense.
"Proving concerned parents from the 80's wrong, just in time for them to be dead. "

Jasede

This is fine as it is since it can, a), only be taken a limited amount of times for each character, and b), it is supposed to help new players get started easily. And it does.

I do not see any harm in it paying a "lot" at all as it can only ever be taken, I think, four times, total. So after that one must seek other quests - and coincidentally, almost all these well-paying low-level quests have a "can only be done X times per character" descriptor. The only one that didn't that I know was that Bee quest, though I only tried it 3 times.

JackOfSwords

I agree with Dilandau Kale, I have taken the quest and received extremely low loot.  I'd argue that if the maximum gets toned down, the minimum should be tuned up.

MisterPAIN

This was discussed earlier, this quest is intended for new characters to get started instead of some masochistic variable grind fest to randomly break even and the fact that other quests will usually damage a not-too-equipped character and not-too-equipped groups often requiring that healing.  Those loots are going to keep characters in the game instead of flat-broke and no healing and are certainly not going to cut it in harder content.  I'd rather not have someone retire their character just because they have no gold and healing and not enough juice to get them by on certain quests that pay neither gold or healing.

Gullible Righteousness

The zombies also hit pretty hard, if you've a non-combat PC.

MisterPAIN

Quote from: Gullible Righteousness;93922The zombies also hit pretty hard.

Fixed.  They hurt everyone bad if they get a swing -_-

Letsplayforfun

The reward is likely just here to give low effect healing potions to lowbyes, and they are quickly used, so i wouldn't call it over powered loot. The helm is nice, but you can blast it all on the quest if you've a no combat PC, so that about settles itself.

Egon the Monkey

It's no more overpowered that the delivery quests you could spam on old EFU, in fact less so as you can't repeat for infinite loot. Or Eyeballs, which you could own with any form of insulation and had amazing loot.

Vlaid

I used to believe the reward needed toning down, but it's really just an excellent source of supplies to get a new PC on it's feet enough to get it's first wave of consumables. And it has a limit on the number of times you can do it.