Concept Corner

Started by Random_White_Guy, February 11, 2023, 06:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

Greetings.

As a new chapter approaches, new players and old alike will be coming back. It's been a while since i've done this publicly usually helping people as they ask, but to give back to the community we've all poured so much time into over the years I'm once more opening RwG's Concept Corner. Think of it as either a dry run for an application, spitballing an idea, or just something you've always wanted to try on EFU but want to flesh out more. As the details over the coming days come to light in terms of changes/etc there's always adjustment but for the most part Concept and Faction creation on EFU never really changes too much so I'm confident I can still help out.

To that end as a disclaimer for those unfamiliar or worried, as an ex-DM and someone who has played every side of the server I put immense work into avoiding metagaming and similar so don't be afraid that i'm going to steal your concepts or use them against you or etc. Think of this more as just a service similar to the Newbie Welcomers and other roles people have taken over the years in EFU.

In the past i'd do take a penny leave a penny style concept posts, but this time in the new era of DIscord and more I'll just say - My Inbox is always open.

Let your imagination run wild and I'm glad to help you refine, tone, or as writers call it "Punch up" any existing concept you have.

Be it for

- writing an app
- just your own interests in making a more dynamic concept
- or if you're stepping out of your comfort zone into another area (Say you like adventurers but have never done a criminal, etc).

If spoilers aren't an issue and you just want to post your idea here and I can give it a pass over and some advice.

If it's more private feel free to discord PM me as RwG.

In terms of just sanity and formatting, just think of it like a smaller scale application. A few pointers to start

Formatting wise just go with whatever floats your boat. Preferably though something more concrete helps me help you.

You can come to me with a concept asking what class can work for your idea
You can come to me asking what Class could use a fresh concept, to build an idea around.
You can come to me asking what kind of PC Faction goals help push story and tips for recruitment or engaging PC to PC
You can come to me asking what kind of DM Faction PCs require over regular PCs, or ways to help in that area, etc.
You can come to me asking if I can look over an app you were thinking of tossing in.

Newer PCs looking for pointers on how to survive or make fun for folks as a villain, necromancer, paladin, or other high conflict PCs which can be intimidating if you've never done it before.

The works.

Overall just think of it as a safe space to pitch your concepts and some bounce and forth idea bouncing.

I don't have discord notifications turned on, so feel free to spam away and I'll get back to you as I'm available.

Also doesn't matter if you've got a fully fleshed out idea, or a kernel of one, always glad to talk since stronger concepts help make EFU more robust.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips