The Baron Billby

Started by Dredi, December 04, 2013, 12:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dredi

So I tried this today for the first time and found that every single possible way forward was blocked.. all the paths by (what I assume are) randomly generated crates..

and the only chest that is available is also blocked by traps (which you are not allowed to remove)

And also whats up with the A.I for the dog.. this thing just does not give up. It spots you once and will literally run across the entire map and through two locked doors to force you into a corner where you cant move. You're invisable with 30+ hide but it still manages to find you.. and then you loose sight of it somehow and it STILL finds you.. the only way it seems to get it to reset is by logging off. - heck, I put the damn thing to sleep, it wakes up Three times in a row, runs directly to me.. after i've done a tonne of stuff and left the room.

Really..really weird behavior.

Ebok

They know about the crates. Been reported many a times. And not every way was blocked if you could get to the dogs. The crates just tend to block off the first two chests. I figure it's just caused by lag when the quest resets, sometimes the crates don't vanish. When the next guy comes along and gets new random crates, well, they might close off areas.

The Dog is a guard dog with some hot perception. I just wanted to point out that your HIDE skill is mostly irrelevant while invisible. Having a weak move silently would be your downfall. It is doable... but not always fun and certainly not easy until you've done the thing dozens of times.

Dredi

As the gems serve as keys to both rear doors, I got the one accessible gem ( triggering traps as there was no other option) and went around the back. The dog itself actually gets a (appealingly) short term see invis buff intermittently which I imagine this is, but even then, dogs listen skill must be high, or insanely lucky to spot consistently so quickly, so many times in a row - but no matter, found ways to deal now