Zombies!

Started by Dredi, March 15, 2014, 01:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dredi

Somewhat self serving but minor thing.

Would it be possible to give zombies either Improved unarmed combat (so they dont automatically attract Attacks of opportunity) or Weapon prof creature and a zombie 1d6 slam attack?

The Old Hack

Not unreasonable, I would be in favour -- but I thought it was possible for a necromancer to equip his creations with weapons? Or are we talking summoned zombies here? *scratches head*

Dredi

These are your basic, corpseless cannon-fodder zombies. low hp, very low movement speed, its more, for when you cant carry around large numbers of weapons - its still ~better to equip them with a weapon, damage goes up and they have a weapon focus for longsword as well, but just something for those that dont - even if its just preventing their low damage "normal" melee attacks from A.O.oppertunitying

The Old Hack

Ah, I see -- I have noticed this problem when I fought kobold necromancers, I recall. Their zombies would trigger AoOs when striking at me which makes them even less of a threat. Yes, just something like a built-in pair of gloves would make them more reasonable.

Valo56

My only concern is that this would make them more likely to be similar to ogres, which have creature weapons, but refuse to equip weapons because of it.

Howlando

I think it's fine for zombies to remain IC'ly pretty clumsy and require weapons; and as Valo says I think it would prevent them from equipping weapons if this was given.

Dredi

Which is also why I feel that imp unarmed attack should be considered, it leaves their damage low (1d3+2) but prevents them taking a second hit every round, it also would not impact their ability to equip other weapons, however if it is a balance issue then I refer to your decision on the matter

John Doe

Just a note: I have had Ogre succesfully equiping weapons. They 'appear' in hand after combat is initiated. The damage did succesfully show in the combat log.

was efu:a though

Knight Of Pentacles

I can confirm ogres use weapons in EFU:R.

The shamblers are supposed to be sucky and corpses are easy to get ahold of in this new setting.  Leave as is though maybe reconsider the undead improvement system to do less damage now that healing is far more scarce.  Then again, one could just go up to a purple crystal node and improve all they want without worrying about supplies.