Blue NPCs in the Ponds at night

Started by SunrypeSlim, November 12, 2020, 10:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunrypeSlim

This is a faction hub. Put blue NPCs in the faction hub, and require DM supervision for PvP there.
PM me for an apology! :3

Richørd

Isn't the whole idea about the Ponds that blue NPCs all hide away during the night because that's when all the werecreatures, bandits, bloodthirsty Retainers and whatever else roam the area?

I don't see why PCs should be excempt from that. Is this just so Ponds PCs can hang out there at night, being ungankable without DM supervision just because Filthy Willy the 6 hp beggar happens to be mad enough to stay outside of the warm and cozy basement?

SunrypeSlim

Yes, it's so that Ponds PCs can hang out there at night.

Calixto

The Ponds are actually a faction in themselves?
Most enjoyable characters:

EFU: COR
Tristan Caerfal (NG Human Sharpshooter)

EFU:R
Thomas Valentine (Human NG Fighter/Rogue)
Durga (Half-Orc NE Cleric of Ilneval/Fighter)

EFU:M
Marion Sileyna (Human LN Cleric of Loviatar/Fighter)
Atreia Kelten (Human Paladin of Tyr)
Riku (NG Stargazer Ranger)

Egon the Monkey

When you say "in the ponds?" do you mean the whole ponds or just the Hideout?

I would agree that with Ticker under the control of the Peerage, it would be good to have a bolthole. It's odd there's no Bad Neighbourhood in Ticker which is free of Blackjacks, has its own thugs, and serves as a place for dissenters to hide out. It made the whole Patriots thing a bit wierd as they shit talked the houses then went back to openly walking around occupied territory in front of the guards. 

Similarly, it's a bit wierd that the social hub of the Ponds is right next to the road, rather than some distance from the regular groups of armed thugs passing through.

The threat isn't Filthy Willy the 6 HP Beggar. It's that any of those beggars might actually be a covert druid or Elder Werewolf and you would never know from looking at them.

SunrypeSlim

Specifically then in Willowgrove Park- outside of it should probably be more like beyond the Peerage Bridge, less like the King's Commons.

Mushroom Mushroom

Claim the mansion there and hide inside of it. You need a DM to break it open anyways.