The Half Step Tavern

Started by wundyboy, November 26, 2020, 03:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wundyboy

Hello.

If you ever wanted to do something casual, with little purpose or just aimlessly gameplay, this might be something players could be interested in. I'm playing Kapise Deraque, a halfling bard that's wanting to earn the tavern upon the Docks. Why? Well, he's got a dream to be a famous chef one day. He wants to make groat to support his family, well over thirty sisters, his father and mother, and far too many cousins and uncles to count. He's also got his cousin, Frogrin 'Froggy' Deraque, a noble oathsworn, to aid him in his task.

So, what's to expect from this group?

A lot of dumb jokes, mostly. I'm tired of doing the hardcore grind; I wanted something casual to play after my day of work, and this suits me nicely. You can also expect ringrunning, maybe a bit of exploration and lore hunting, and a lot of social role play (since we'll be operating within a tavern once acquired).

What am i looking for? Honestly, just players. You don't have to be a halfling. You could be a big dumb half-orc, for all i care. Just as long as you're having fun. It could be something that suits the social aspect of working in a tavern too. You want to be a waitress? Sure, go ahead. A playwright? I don't mind it. You want to be a bouncer? Sure.

There are two  limitations. No evil aligned PCs. The reasoning being that we'll spot you immediately, and you'll be bummed, and we'll be bummed, and my heart will break as I quietly reject you in character and make up some reason as to why you can't work for us.

The second is play times. My play times are awkward. Some days I have from 5am cst to 8pm cst, some days I have only from 1pm to 8pm cst. So it's basically a european play time, except I'm american and I work terrible hours. Anyway, if you want to play with me and my buddy, hit me up on discord if you want to work on some ideas/ concepts for it.

That's all for now bye.

Random_White_Guy

The Docks is such a chill atmosphere and lends itself so nicely to casual RP. While my tea dwarf died too soon this kind of atmosphere is really, really nice especially if you're looking for a more casual playstyle.

It's okay to take a back beat and dig in. After all the classic D&D atmosphere was always adventurers wandering into some small tavern in a city or village, so to see one pop up in Ticker would be 100% awesome.

Big fat stamp of approval and anyone who's interested should definitely hit up Wundo.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips

wundyboy

[hide=New Ticker, new prospects...]
[/hide]
As of now, we are a part of Little Ticker with a very beautiful little tavern! Still focused on the social aspects, this concept has molded from what it originally was to something even better- the heart of a new, small slice of life, as refugees, merchants, and more start to flock to their new, destitute home...

What to expect?

Well, it's still the same idea. Social roleplay, casual gaming, and cruising through the rings (Though our group is currently full...).

But, here's some ideas (because RWG lives to give examples, I'll follow suit)

A) A bouncer, strong arm, or even a door man during busy events

B) A host or hostess, to entertain guests, encouraging gambling, drinking games, and other sorts of entertainment

C) A singer, artist, or other sort of performance art to appeal to a large crowd, with the dream to become the star of Little Ticker

D) A priest or priestess, attempting to earn prayers for a certain deity my friend Eyesore has been working on developing for Little Ticker, or trying to acquire favor for their god goddess.

And more. It's just a few examples, but, I think it's better to think small, and interact and engage with one another in this setting. And, where's a better place to do it than a bar? So go wild, do whatever you want. If you want to join, or have an idea, go ahead and message me on discord. I think this could be a good opportunity for long term PCs, if you're really trying to do something along those lines, than the short lived ones.

Anyway, hope to see you in game! Events, IC prospects and more to come from this happy little tavern..

wundyboy

Because of some brutal events, a few of our ringrunning crew has died, meaning there is open spots. We're not too far in, only at the 92nd, so catching up is relatively easy, and I'll be able to help with the 95th.

If  you're interested in doing some running, just contact me oocly on discord, or find Kapise in game to see about getting recruited. Thanks.