To Mae Stern,

Started by caesaropapist, May 06, 2024, 11:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caesaropapist

To the Representative of the Tower,

I have been seeking you out for some time, but have not seen you available.
As of yet, I do not think you know me; but in due time, this will change.

My name is Arymathras al-Almadel. I shelter in the Temple of Izdu, and every morning I like to begin my day with a routine of calisthenics before beginning my first batch of translations. I do not think of myself as a man prone to disputes, but when I have them, I would like to believe I resolve them swiftly and efficiently; and if pressed, that I would rarely lose them.

I would like to be a friend to the Astronomers of the Tower of Q'Tolip. I am quite partial towards Miss Azimi, and frequently collaborate with your Nadiri, Mr. Moretti and company. I am an illusionist of some skill, and a translator of far greater talent and capacity, capable of translating Fomorian, coded Heiroglyphic cyphers, Erugitic, and High Kulkundite Dwarven.

And I am requesting a permanent archaeology license, as the one your fellow Apothar Azimi offered to me expires in a day's time: and if it lapses, I will be in a grave issue with the threat of repugnant little Janissaries seizing the manuscripts I have secured from local ruins. Let us meet to discuss business, the License, and the future of Ephia's Well over tea and biscuits.

WITH DUE SINCERITY,
ARYMATHRAS AL ALMADEL
OF THE SOCIETY OF THE UNLIT LAMP

BigCook

I apologise that I have been so busy of late. I will try to keep an eye out for you, and an ear to the bellows. I look forward to talking with you; I am sure it shall be interesting.

APOTHAR STERN