NWN:EE Frequently Asked Questions

Started by Kotenku, March 31, 2018, 05:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kotenku

NWN:EE Frequently Asked Questions

[hide=When is EFU making the move to NWN:EE?]

EFU is up and running on Enhanced Edition now!

There have been some growing pains with certain NWNX features that haven't made it into EE yet. As a result some EFU Features are broken and may be a little while coming back.

At time of writing, that includes: Persistent Storage, Dynamic Placeable names/descriptions, Custom Weapon Feats
[/hide]

[hide=Where is nwn.ini? nwnplayer.ini?  portraits folder?]

In NWN:EE, Beamdog changed where user data files get stored. On Windows, if you open your File Explorer, and select 'Documents' from your Libraries, you should have a Neverwinter Nights folder containing:

ambient/
database/
dmvault/
hak/
localvault/
logs/
modules/
movies/
music/
override/
portraits/
servervault/
tempclient/
tlk/
cdkey.ini
nwn.ini
nwnplayer.ini

On Linux, this folder might not be in ~/Documents
If that's the case, look for it in ~/.local/share/

You can create a link in your Documents folder to that folder using the following commands from Terminal:

cd ~
#if ~/Documents already exists, skip the next command
mkdir Documents
ln -s ~/.local/share/Neverwinter\ Nights ~/Documents/Neverwinter_Nights
[/hide]

[hide=My mouse cursor is acting up?]
You might be having a problem where your mouse cursor seems to double-click or jump around when you're working with your inventory or quickslots. To fix this, open up your nwn.ini file and set Enable Hardware Mouse=1
[/hide]

[hide=How do I change the name I appear as when I log into a server?]
The first time you log in to a server, you'll get an opportunity to set your username, and choose whether you want it to be your default. If you set it as default, and want to change it later, open nwnplayer.ini and set the line
Player Name=somenewname[/hide]

[hide=How do I install EFU's haks?]
Refer to this guide here![/hide]

[hide=I'm having graphics problems!]
Try opening your video options, selecting 'Advanced Video Options' and un-ticking boxes one at a time, to see if that makes any improvement.
[/hide]

[hide=How do I install custom overrides?]
If you're using Steam, the Steam Workshop is an extremely convenient way to install overrides! unfortunately the selection there is still pretty limited, so you won't be able to get everything you love. However, the classical process of unzipping files into your overrides folder still works!
The only difficult part is finding the overrides folder, and we answered that already in "Where is nwn.ini...".
[/hide]