Clementine Hill

Started by Stranger, December 20, 2023, 07:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stranger

Herald on the Hill,

While I certainly do not object to reporting the statements of the Priory as given, I do not appreciate how you have characterized them. I am puzzled that you would open with "a confession by the Astronomers" and then follow up exclusively with quotes by Acolytes and Sisters.

Quote from: Loops on December 20, 2023, 06:59:05 AMHowever, despite the benevolence of the Sisterhood, a confession by the Astronomers leaves a dark shadow in its wake.

No such "confession" features in the handbill. It is immediately followed by a comment from Imizael Volkov.

I would ask that the situation be appositely described as allegation and accounts presented by the Cinquefoil Rose, rather than some admission of fault or folly in the part of the Astronomers.

Apothar Cosine Mevura

Loops

Ap. Cosine Mevura,

Wintermoss greetings. Formally, when asked for comment, the representatives of the Astronomers approached responded with no comment, or empty sarcasm. And so much had to be determined from overheard public statements in addition to such third-party allegations. The publication stands as is.

The Herald on the Hill remains open to comment, which would be readily published with a note of amendment in a future issue if it is deemed appropriate that a correction is issued. I would recommend a more in-depth interview to allow ample opportunity to represent the Tower of Q'tolip's position on the controversial affair.

Regards,

C.H. THOTH

Stranger

Herald on the Hill,

I do not recall any attempt to reach me for comment. I cannot speak for any interactions with my colleague or with our apprentices, but in my recollection, you were ushered out at the request of the Priory, not by the Astronomers, who had a badly wounded Nadiri to attend to (among other developing situations) for the remainder of the evening.

If there is nothing to be done about your publication, then there is no redress for my concerns.

Anticipating that this is going to be a recurring frustration, I would like to refund my remaining 1480dr balance with the Herald.

Apothar Cosine Mevura

Loops

Ap. Cosine Mevura,

After careful review of your refund request for your 75-day concurrent announcement plan, we regret to inform you that we are unable to grant the refund. We understand this may be disappointing and apologise for any inconvenience.

Your 75-day concurrent announcement plan has been placed on hold. You may request an amendment to the subject matter and resume the remaining 74 days of your plan at any point within 90 days of Adar 20th, IY 7787 and continue your plan. This constitutes full remediation for the balance you paid.

I suggest you find a better way to deal with your frustrations.

Regards,

C.H. THOTH

Stranger

Herald on the Hill,

I am asking only to recover an unfulfilled balance. I am not verbally abusing you. I am not threatening you. I am not shouting at you. I am not trying to make you into something you are not.

You have written what amounts to a Cinquefoil slam piece against my institution. I think that you are crisply aware of this. I did not ask you to take it down. I did not ask you to turn it against the Sisters. I asked that you clarify how we had not yet given a comment. When that mild-mannered request was rebuffed, I sought to cancel my advertising investment. It has been less than one day after you were hired to foster positive publicity, and it already seems unlikely that you have anything good to say about us.

Please allow me to quietly collect my funds and disassociate from the Herald.

Don't give me this hogwash about "putting the plan on hold." If you've already spent the money, or otherwise can't afford to lose it, we can discuss that like adults.

Apothar Cosine Mevura

Loops

Ap. Cosine Mevura,

Thank you for your ongoing correspondence. A note of amendment in a future issue, if appropriate, was offered in the first instance. The publication stands as is, as printed and distributed sheets simply cannot be edited.

The Herald on the Hill espouses an open service at a modest fee to allow everyone who lives in Ephia's Well to be heard. Your opinion on whether it was a slam piece, whilst I appreciate the sentiment, is a part of the equity that comes with an open press.

Of especial consideration, though not included in the initial response, I review the material and note that all instances of accusation come from clearly marked quotes within the piece. Editorial summaries of confessions are presented within the appropriate context.

Your remaining plan remains open and on hold, due to the commitment we have to an accessible service despite the unfortunate realities that come with reporting on political institutions. The restitution remains as noted in the previous response.

I would be open to a discussion over coffee. We should find a more productive way forward. I certainly wouldn't want the Sisterhood to walk all over you.

Regards,

C.H. THOTH