Remove detect evil

Started by I love cats, March 17, 2024, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whyleth

Quote from: Iconoclast on March 24, 2024, 06:21:52 AMIt could be funny if there was a mandatory emote. Everyone sees you just suspiciously glaring all around.

Be me, don't protection from evil yourself and get mind blasted. Let everyone watch you get dazed or knocked down.

Stranger

A yellow-tinted "See Invisibility" VFX would be really cool.

Qari

I'd rather just see evil points have a greater impact on the paladin.

Ways to block it that aren't PFG would be nice, but evil people should probably be doing evil things to the point where DE isn't even necessary.

If people can't justify their evil, I'd rather just see DMS shift their alignment back to neutral tbh but we all know the amount of salt that comes with that so it'll never happen

CoffeeBean

I think detect evil is a necessary tool for both rp and mechanical purposes. I don't think it should be removed, but I do think evil PCs should be able to be given more of an option to interact with it.

For example, maybe let the bluff skill play a part in tricking a paladin's senses? How about at a certain level of bluff, a pc can choose to try to shift their evil aura on to a nearby pc/npc

Also, I would suggest putting a cooldown or limiter on how often a paladin can freely spam detect evil.