Feodore Dustwink's Sobriety Journal

Started by ZDavidMan, October 03, 2023, 02:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZDavidMan

Day 13 of Sobriety

I was advised by several apothecaries and water witches that a sobriety journal, alongside daily mindfulness in the pursuit of temperance, would be the most effective practice for me to avoid a relapse into the black void of powerful narcotics. To that end, I'm going to use this daybook to catalog my activities, which certainly include maintaining my body as the temple it is. This daily ritual involves morning and evening doses of Apathetilixir, Derelixir, and Electrolixir. These holistic brews are infused with elemental arcana carefully measured to keep my life in check and my body in balance. So I can stay active and do all the things I want to do with my day.

Gloomcards are very popular. I've sold over fifty now. If Master Grimwald were still around, he would have been proud of that. And at my current rate of income, I could retire in 26 years or so. That's my plan for the future. When I'm an old man I'll open up my own Gloomcard stall in the Souk, and sometimes Qtolip will visit me (we'll be old friends). I bet he gives the best high fives. He's an Ashfolk, so he has really small hands and I would have to get down on my knee. But he would high five me, and I would high five him, and we'd laugh. Then I'd give him his favorite Gloomcard on the house. It would be our secret.

I've invited some people I know to be on the Gloomsday Committee. We're convening sometime next week to plan the events of the Gloomsday Tournament. The Opening Ceremony will be very important if we're going to get this right. I still haven't earned my Third Epoch, but I think this could be the moment that finally changes. Because if we don't master the Glooms before our enemies do, we'll be doomed and Gloomed ourselves. I'm going to make the Gloomcards real.

Anyway, I still don't know if I have any friends.