The Big Herbalism/Alchemy Update (next reset)

Started by Mort, May 24, 2009, 06:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mort

So, I think this is worthy of an update. I've completely fixed/updated the herbalism/alchemy system from the UD.

So, there's about

60 new herbalism recipes. And 30 new Alchemy Recipes. With a few hints as to how it works but the real perks are for those who learn as there is some VERY powerful perks to learning it such as...

- A wide range of unique unbrewable potions/artefact.
 - Upgrade for some regular potions into their better parts (i.e. regular bullstrength into Oil of Strength, etc...)
 - Lots of Poison.
 - The ability to craft a fully scripted Guardian Golem amongst other really unique/awesome recipes.
 - Introduction of rare resources which can usually be found in dangerous areas to promote exploration.

Most of it has to be learned by yourself/testing, but there has been a few hints drop IG. Finding even a single recipe can be EXTREMELY beneficial for your character as you can learn to create something without almost any cost...!

This is why there should really be 0 metagaming of recipes or anything related to that and we'll be extremely cautious to stomp on any remote incidents of that. Keep it to yourself. Dont spoil it. And Keep your knowledge between your characters separated. It isn't because you know a recipe ooc'ly that all your characters should know it.

Otherwise, enjoy!