Bring back potion distillery to hubs!

Started by Anonymous Lemur, February 11, 2019, 05:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous Lemur

These were great and made not very useful potions more useful if you hoarded up enough of them. Please bring them back!

Howlando

I am concerned that they are too good at their old ratio. I tried to tweak the ratio to require more gp/potions to make cure serious but it caused some other issue. When that gets fixed they'll be back in.

Grouch

The ones in the ruins that are free to use should also probably be removed entirely.

They have been scavenged by the shops that own them or thoroughly destroyed for the monopoly.
Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)

Hound

I can, at least for my part, confirm that the conversion rate is not efficient from CMW -> CSW as compared to brewing them upfront. I don't think they were overpowered.

Grouch

When many many enemies drop a cure light every time, many drop moderates, and CSW can be brewed for 50 the amount of cheap and easy cure critical potions you can produce is a little ridiculous.

I personally would just go buy 30 cure serious and turn them into crits or throw my 200 cure lights into the mixer and do the same.

It requires an overhaul.

I am of the mind to cap it at making it make CL6 cure moderates like.

Cure minor x3 -> cure light
Cure light x3 -> cure moderate CL3
Cure moderate x2 -> cure moderate CL6
Things will never be the same (I've applied too much ketchup to this hamburger)

Yamo B. There

I haven't brewed in this setting yet, but I still have a list of my prices from EFU:R and if everything converts at a 3:1 ratio, it's more cost efficient to see a PC brewer. Even without the price of the distillery service added in, making three Lights is more expensive than a single Moderate, and three Moderates more expensive than a Serious. It's even more lopsided when factoring in bottle prices. The total amount of healing goes down, too. It's a trade of gold and total healing over time for "burst healing" power.

But I don't brew, drink, or loot potions, so maybe my understanding of the economy's out of whack.

bobofwestoregonusa

The amount of gold available in the current meta makes getting potions kind of easy as it is of you quest a lot,  much more so if you maximize gains from low levels. I don't think we need this in the hubs.

I like the explorable ones though

Moonlighter

I liked these a lot because at my casual level of play and off-peak hours I could maintain a steady supply of 10-20 or so CSW just from looting peasly mobs while wandering the world and looking for stuff to do, which in turn meant I was more likely to take risks and fight stuff and other people because it mattered less when I had to burn through my supply.

Bummed they're gone from the hubs.

Anonymous Lemur

Quote from: Moonlighter on February 12, 2019, 06:12:09 AM
I liked these a lot because at my casual level of play and off-peak hours I could maintain a steady supply of 10-20 or so CSW just from looting peasly mobs while wandering the world and looking for stuff to do, which in turn meant I was more likely to take risks and fight stuff and other people because it mattered less when I had to burn through my supply.

Bummed they're gone from the hubs.

This is my sentiment. I like the idea that its possibly to keep stocked without having to do "quest a lot" as someone above mentioned was the optimal way of obtaining them. Though it seems they're returning at least. So thats good.