More Perks?

Started by Thomas_Not_very_wise, February 13, 2010, 02:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Well, ehre goes a few more Perks

Wild Shifter:
You grow attuned to the wilderness around you and your wild shapes are slightly more powerful
Bonus: Strength/dex/con bonus to all wild shapes. (Druid only)

Transmutor:
Your transmutations are slightly more effective, lasting longer.
Bonus: All transmutations last one hour longer.

Rabbit:
You're a terrible coward, but can run really fast.
-4 to fear, 10% movement increase.

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Shark
You're a member of the Stygian Armada, badassery required.
+4 versus fear, +4 to discipline, +4 to intimidation. +2 ab versus chaos.

Son of Sabuth
You're a Son of Sabuth
+4 versus fear, +2 AB versus Lawful. +2 to Discipline.

Conclave
You're a member of the Trascendant Conclave
+4 to Spellcraft/concentration/Lore.

Dr Dragon

Faction Specific perks like that are lame in my OP.

Relinquish

Yeah, the factions already get their uniforms which increase skills like that.

Thomas_Not_very_wise

Mort ultimately decides what gets added mind you all.

Ommadawn

And they seem very OP compared to Mort's original list.

Drakill Tannan

Yeah, faction perks OP

VanillaPudding

Really Blooded : Your innate talents with the arcane have proven to be more powerful. +2 on caster level for spells, +2 intimidate, -4 persuade, -4 Bluff (Pure Sorcerer only)

A hasted Song: Your inspirational songs come more naturally and require less focus at the cost of quality. Free action Bard Song.
-10% Arcane Spell failure, -2 perform, bluff, persuade (Pure bard only)

Forked Tongue: Your skill with words and lies are remarkable, sadly everyone knows it. +5 Bluff and persuade, -2 Charisma

Dr Dragon

Quote from: Thomas_Not_very_wise;167214Shark
You're a member of the Stygian Armada, badassery required.
+4 versus fear, +4 to discipline, +4 to intimidation. +2 ab versus chaos.

Son of Sabuth
You're a Son of Sabuth
+4 versus fear, +2 AB versus Lawful. +2 to Discipline.

Conclave
You're a member of the Trascendant Conclave
+4 to Spellcraft/concentration/Lore.

Well if Mort is going to make faction specific Perks then I demand that I get that perk considering I feel that Both the Sons and the Stygians have perks availiable that reflect them. Srsly I feel the perk Slum Child goes out of its right to label itself a sons perk. I mean at this rate we will need Faction specific perks for the Unspecified criminal faction, the Stewards, Stargazers, Palid mask, Nightrisers, It makes no sense the current perks suite everyone including those disgusting sewer freaks.

AKMatt

Scourge of Shipwreck Beach - You're proficient at waiting in a tiny boat to attack passing rafts.  You gain +2 ab when on rafts (kobold only)

Trog - They call you Trog, because they're too lazy to say troglodyte.  They come to your home and slaughter your kin, but now your vengeance is at hand.  +1 ab and +1d4 damage vs. PCs in 2-6 lvl range.  (Troglodyte only)

Swashbuckler - Your particular brand of daring escapades require a quick wit and a quicker sword-arm.  Unhindered by such things as armor or shield, you make short work of your enemies with nothing more than steel in your hands and the occasional witty retort.  Add intelligence modifier to ab and ac (dodge) as long as you are not wearing medium or heavy armor or using a shield, and have a finesseable weapon equipped.

Silent But Deadly - You strike when your enemies least expect it.  +1 move silently, +1d4 dmg for one round after coming out of stealth.

I Have a Knife - You have a knife, and aren't afraid to let people know it.  When a dagger is equipped, you get +1 damage and +2 intimidate.

Favored of Chauntea - Blessed all your days by the Earthmother, you find favor with kindred spirits.  Mother Oggla sells you barkskin for 50 gold instead of 200.

Hapless Researcher - You've singed an eyebrow or two in your day, but it's all been worth it for the knowledge you've gained.  Your character is a master evoker, +1 to evocation DC, +1 saves vs. fire, 5% chance of spells backfiring and putting a "Combust" effect on you.  (Wizard only)

Master of Disguise - Your infinitely clever costumes deceive everyone.  Changes your PC's name to Kedrick Reynolds if you have both a simple robe and pot helm equipped.  +2 bluff.

Meldread

Quote"Master of Disguise - Your infinitely clever costumes deceive everyone. Changes your PC's name to Kedrick Reynolds if you have both a simple robe and pot helm equipped. +2 bluff."

YOU WILL NEVER FIND HIM!   Like a ninja.  Out of sight.  Poof!

Dr Dragon

PC Perk

Perk Suggestor

You have the uncanny ability to suggest perks that pcs should be able to have weather outright overpowered or outright trolling you have been posting perk ideas inside the suggestion forum;

-Mechanical benefits

Increased Load speed when posting ideas for a perk no matter how legitament or outright trolling it is.

Paha

I am not very good with these ideas, but I would love to see something related to ranged weapons, secondary trinkets such as weak grenade style weapons and the efuss skills.

There are many nice perks, but I just haven't anything related to those areas hit my eyes.

VanillaPudding

Ymphian marksman - Months on Ymph have allowed you to learn how to face it's  most ferocious inhabitants. +1 AB and -1 damage / 5 levels against Undead and Lycans.

Master Archer - Training with a bow has allowed you to avoid the clumsy mishaps in close combat and you'll no longer be the victim of an AOO while using a ranged weapon.

Sneak attacker - Master the art of precision has allowed you to inflict extra damage against creatures typically resilient to such things. You deal an extra 1d4 bonus piercing damage to any creatures normally immune to sneak attacks.

Gnomish design - With a few special modifications you've learned to change any crossbow you wield into a more deadly creation. Add damage to your crossbow equal to your intelligence modifier.

Keen Shot - Your aim with a bow is a thing of legends and you've learned to deal more damage with well placed shots. Half of your dexterity modifier is added to bow damage. (Ranger only, no multiclass)

Luke Danger

Grenadier: They all laughed at you, saying that alchemists fire, acid flasks, and cantrips were all to expensive for combat use. You prove them wrong, proving resourceful enough to find what you need for them when all is down, and are effective with them.
Benefits: Random chance of 1, 2, or 3 throwables at reset. Cannot be sold. All throwables deal an extra 1d4 points of damage if damage is dealt.

Guardian: Protecting your allies is how you rock the world. Draw fire for them by getting the enemies' attention.
Mechanics: When an ally is attacked, your AoO's and taunts against said foe will draw their attention to you depending if they can succeed a Discipline check equal to your Taunt modifer.

Holy Guardian: You are a shield for the weak, and protector of justice, shield your friends and allies in battle, take their wounds for them, and hold the line.
Mechanics: Paladin Only, Turn Undead instead draws foes attention to you in a similar manner to turning. Also grants +3 AC from said turn.

Soul of Steel: Your soul might as well be ironclad. Only the most powerful mental influences can get through to you, and your body is resiliant. Unfortunetly, it comes at a cost: You aren't as quick as you used to be. Still, you can fight both mighty warriors and cunning wizards with much more efficiancy... presuming they use their traditional arsenal.
Mechanics: +2 Fort, +2 Will, -2 Reflex.