Purple Cabinet, Iyar 18 Assembly

Started by Random_White_Guy, February 18, 2024, 01:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random_White_Guy

QuoteSultan's Herald
Let it be known that Gausim al-Marain of the League of Purple has won the elections for the seat of Legate! They are to report to the Chamber of Rule to be officially sworn in.

QuoteAmbient Message: Word spreads that Gausim al-Marain has elevated Nasreen Shabani to the position of Prelate.

Word spreads that Gausim al-Marain has elevated Azaghal Gemspell to the position of Magistrate.

Word spreads that Gausim al-Marain has elevated Naram-nu Khum`nazir to the position of Magistrate.

QuoteDM Shout:A new Purple Legate sworn into the lofty heights of the Pyramid. An end to the era of monochromatic rule. All the Well buzzes with anticipation about the Pyramid chamber.

QuoteAaisha al-Samar
This is Deputy Chief Scribe al-Samar. After Delays to Ensure the Royal Barge may safely Descend during this Ash Storm, the Chamber of Rule has been Unsealed to the Public for the Ceremony of Annointing.

QuoteDM Shout:From far-off lands, an ash-sail makes its way towards Ephia's Well. Gausim al-Marain shall, it is said, give a speech.

Legate Gausim Al-Marain's Acceptance Speech
Dutiful Servitors of the Accord. Good Citizens of Ephia's Well. My Dear friends. I bid you welcome to the Chamber and I extend my humble gratitude for your support. May your hopes continue to bloom...

Know that the gravity of this Mandate you have laid upon me is not one taken lightly. For indeed, we have known tumult. But it is my sincerest hope we may in these immediate days commence with a return to Governance and due Civic duties.

As we stand here, among this Chamber of Rule, let resume the Rule of this Governance. Let resume the duties we each hold firm - That the Assembly shall return to decorum. That the Voiced shall act with civility in mind. And that we may honor both B'aara and ourselves with our works.

There is much work to be done, but the Legate Ymir and I are prepared for the Task. And we ask all of you, the Voiced, the Accorded, to prepare the same. For we shall be working fiercely in these coming days.

Live and Drink.
[close]

Crown Princess Faziima's Speech
[She raises both of her hands, speaking powerfully] Gausim al-Marain, blesssed by the Mother, bearer of her most holy waters -

You have return'd them here, to the Fount of her own making.

Gausim al-Marain: [He remains bowed at the waist as she speaks, eyes down]

Princess Faziima: O Gausim, today you are chosen not by we but by She. The lifeblood of this Well is the world's bounty, delivered unto it by She-of-many-waters. It is the world's salvation.

We are not masters. We are mere custodians. We shall make ready the world for its rebirth. As the first tears trickled from the Blessed Mother's eyes -

So too shall the first trickle of life flow out into this desolate, blighted land. Here from this holy place.

Chief Scribe Frederica Ashbury: [She gingerly steps forward, dipping down to place a holy decanter into the Crown Princess' hands.]

Princess Faziima: [Holding the decanter in her fingers, she dips two fingers into the water.]

[She steps forward.]

Gausim al-Marain: [As she moves forward he bends lower, taking to his knees]

Princess Faziima: [There is the sudden, uncomfortable splash of water across the Legate's face - here in the dry, arid chamber.]

I anoint you once, in the name of B'aara, the merciful, the everlasting, the unending and the unceasing.

I anoint you twice, in the name of the Mother, the charitable, the kind, the compassionate, the caring.

I anoint you thrice, in the name of my Father, in the name of the Sultan, Osman VI of the House Maribid. He who is blessed by the glory of the Eagle. He who ascends.

Gausim al-Marain: [As the waters stream down his ashen skin, his mustache grows to shimmer]

Princess Faziima: I bid you rise: Legate of Ephia's Well, recognized by all powers good and wholesome, to reign and to rule justly and wisely.

Gausim al-Marain: [At this he immediately takes to stand]

Princess Faziima: O Gausim - does her weeping cease for thee? No. But, perhaps, these tears shed on this most momentous of days - are those of joy.

[She turns, raising her hand towards the crowd.] Ephia's Well. Rejoice. Your new Legate. Prosperity and plenty await us all.
[close]

QuoteAaisha al-Samar
Legates al-Marain and Ymir shall now Host the first Assembly of their Mutual Rule. Attend, Voiced, and be Heard.

QuoteBashir Khatara
'Mother B'aara now stands upon the Steele, by agreement of both Legates... May the Well know her mercy...'

38 votes to Gausim, 18 Votes to Khalid, 7 votes to Qari.

A Mandate of full Accord Support, for the newly anointed Legate.

A Non-Human Purple Cabinet, curiously with two very different Dwarven Sorcerer as Magistrate Counsel.

An Assembly of (Relatively) little disruption as Scribe and Janissary call to order.

A Mission for the Balladeers, leading others of the Accord in scouting Southward.

B'aara on the Stele, by Legate Akna's gracious agreement.
[11:23 PM] Howlando: Feel free LealWG
[11:23 PM] Howlando: I'll give you a high five + fist bump tip

[1:34 AM] BigOrcMan: RwG, a moment on the lips, forever on the hips