Ship Building

Started by Loghaire, January 30, 2010, 07:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loghaire

Can someone (Prefurably a DM) give me an estimate on how much the caravel, the cog, and the cutter would cost?
I would like for my character, Augustus Urban, to save up enough money for a command of his own. 200'000 would be pushing it because that is how much it would cost to buy a large fortress but I know a ship would cost well over a thousand. An example of the pricing I am looking at for something like a cutter is 1950. That was the cost of building the HMS Bounty. I want to factor in inflation and how the economy is going. Thanks!

VanillaPudding

I believe ships in recent times have been around 40,000 gold, for the commonly used 'size' in EFU:A. However, such a pursuit is probably best done with a player faction or group that has a reasoning for it but that's just my opinion :)

AldanMurier

Yeah, cheapest I've seen a ship offered for on EfU:A is 20,000, but due to the war prices are probably up a bit.

Semli

1. Make a chaotic faction
2. Rock out the server
3. Steal boat from some NPC fags
4. ????
5. Profit!

Garem

Yea. Seriously, steal that shit or earn it via RP because in the end you're going to have to earn it that way anyways. Don't worry so much about price and possibility, pursue with diligence, get a couple of appropriate PCs on board (figuratively at first, literally later) and don't forget to use the OOC Personal Journal section to let the DeeEms know what you're all about.

Letsplayforfun

I'll be looking specifically at any PCs who wants to have stuff built, be it ship, shrine, etc.

And yes: you'll definitely need earn in IG, and not just by spamming quests, selling loot or potions to gather gold.

And remember The OOC Personal Journal section is your friend.

lovethesuit

Quote from: Letsplayforfun;164727And remember The OOC Personal Journal section is your friend.

This. Even just using it myself without anyone reading it, it helps me organize my goals and thoughts in the short and long-term.