Put prices back in boat conversations

Started by Egon the Monkey, December 25, 2010, 02:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egon the Monkey

The Hermit Rafter and the Old Port Captain both lack ferry prices, which is confusing and recently gave me the impression one crossing had become free. There's no IC reason to give a ferryman a blank cheque for the trip, so I suggest adding the price lists back.

Pup

Yeah.  This makes no sense to me.  I know I wouldn't book a voyage, particularly with a masked man on a raft, without asking what it was going to cost me.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

Portal Rat

And please regulate the issue with Ymphian Cowry Shells. Sometimes the rafter takes them, most times he does not.

SilentSouth

Apparently the rafting system is being worked on, well so i heard.

I would reccomend a trans onto the raft and then once it has reached its destination a portal would appear to disembark like the one in a journy to hell which appears when the quest is complete.

Howlando

You're just going to have to deal with it. The price calculating part appeared to be breaking the whole system for a while, Johannes spent several days debugging, but it's a very complicated system and we're pushing the limits of NWN as it is.

So yeah, deal.

Garem

I realize that this is a minor issue. That be said...

Would it be meta'gamey to put an OOC info thing in the description of the ferryman/captain? Or even an IC sign next to aforementioned locations? That circumvents the issues with pricing and convos.

Spiffy Has

When looking for ridiculous, "Smack in your face solutions," turn to Garem inc.

Giving solutions to a town near you.

MrGrendel

Yeah, it would be nice to get something like,

Adventurer: "So what will this cost?"

Ferryman: "Not sure exactly, but this is basically how pricing works: Blah blah blah."

Adventurer: *uses noggin and figures out rough estimate*

12 Hatch

Or similarly, the prices could be made a uniform 50 gold or so.

MrGrendel

I like that farther trips should cost more, or however it actually works. >_>

TBH I didn't comment in here earlier because I write down the prices and kinda keep track of it that way. <_< Works for me, just need to see how group size affects it, if at all.

Portal Rat

The price is always the same regardless of the size of your group. Nothing ever costs more than 100 gold.