One time withering reduction

Started by Zoe, November 16, 2012, 01:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe

Taking note of the change in withering VFX, I have noted that it appears the first VFX (light green) hits you at least a stage earlier than what used to be the first VFX (flies).

Given that this is meant to be a meta change, and not an IC change, it feels odd to me that some of us will have to suffer IC repercussions (some of which I put in place myself, lol) for being visibly withered, when we have taken great pains to ensure our level of withering was not visible.

The thought process of a more progressive deterioration makes sense, but in practice it  will always come down to visually withered/not visibly withered.

Since the OOC change puts some of us in what feels like an IC bind, I wonder if it would be possible (perhaps on a case-by-case basis) to ask for a one-time reduction in withering to just below the point where it becomes visibly apparent.

Thanks

Adhesive

The withering has always been visible, but those were flavor texts you received privately and had to roleplay out to show your level of withering. As well, the player tool would also reveal withering level, but of course should only be acknowledged ICly if the character being observed showed skin.

Like the DMs have said, this is purely a visual change, and does not nor should not affect anything ICly. I do not see why a withering reduction outside of the multitude of ways withering can already be reduced - many of them for free, I might add - should be necessary purely for aesthetics.

The Old Hack

My suggestion to the law is that the 'Moderate' level green shouldn't count for the purposes of the law. We simply say that it is considered ICly too faint. In case of doubt in law enforcement, we just use the player tool to check level.

~tOH.

Pup

Quote from: The Old Hack;312534My suggestion to the law is that the 'Moderate' level green shouldn't count for the purposes of the law. We simply say that it is considered ICly too faint. In case of doubt in law enforcement, we just use the player tool to check level.

~tOH.

He's got it.
"So what else is on your mind besides 100 proof women, 90 proof whisky, and 14 karat gold?"
"Amigo, you just wrote my epitaph."

"Maybe there's just one revolution.  The good guys against the bad guys.  The question is, who are the good guys?"

~The Professionals

ThisIsWonderland

Yeah, I say retcon the law to say "glowing green AND attracting flies."

lovethesuit

Disagree. I say this is a perfect time to crack down on those withered bastards. Make the law even stricter.

Guttersnipe

It's hard for the law to crack down when half of the people in the positions of power are glowing! Of course that creates an interesting dynamic as well, if anyone has the guts to challenge that is.

sailormoon

Yes, it's gutsy to take advantage of an OOC change for IC advantage.

Howlando

OK, a retcon of the retcon. Assume that the Withering has in some way - changed a bit - so as to be more potent. Consequences, perhaps, for raiding her tower!

Weaverific

Actually that is EXACTLY what I thought the first time I logged in yesterday!

The Old Hack

I can go with that! It's a combination of the Weave being in a flux state and H'Bala getting mad or losing control somehow. :)

Adhesive

Quote from: Howland;312575OK, a retcon of the retcon. Assume that the Withering has in some way - changed a bit - so as to be more potent. Consequences, perhaps, for raiding her tower!
I can get behind this.