Order/Wyrm Watcher Scouts

Started by One_With_Nature, February 15, 2013, 12:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One_With_Nature

Playing a H'balan PC I have noticed that there seems to be an excessive number of these spawns out in the witherded lands and while tasteful and pretty awesome to see, I feel that they spawn far too frequently. Between a couple of us H'balans we have taken out well over 10 order knights(and more footmen) and a whole bunch of wyrm watchers.

If the facitons were losing this many men I don't think they would last very long! Maybe just make them less frequent in my opinion.

One_With_Nature

These number of spawns are getting pretty ridiculous. I'm seeing spawns of 8 of these at a time and they all die. It seems unlikely that the factions could lose this many men and still be sending countless men out to their deaths.

Lord Byron

They also spawn in lol places like the WITHERED forest.

Paha

They have been lowered, and they were low to begin with. It is just given one runs into them if they spend majority of time there.

They actually make attacks into the deep parts of the woods once in a while, so it happens. They attack undead. Another things is, I am surprised these fellows are being killed by so often when DM is not necessarily even present. Remember to check the description to see if you're allowed to just murder them off without confirmation.

Focus on players. One does not need to defeat every NPC out there.

xXCrystal_Rose

Yes, remember you need a DM present to kill those npcs, at least that used to be the rules when I played H'balan. They only seem to be there often because you are constantly in the area going back and forth and triggering the spawn chance a lot more often than the rest of the server.

Valo56

I'd like to point out that on my previous H'balan PC, about two months ago, I specifically asked a DM if it was okay to attack these like one would a Lone Traveller (inform a DM, wait a few seconds to see if any are coming, then attack whether or not one is coming), and they said that yes, you can attack even if you don't have a DM, so long as you have tried to get one.

EfUA_undercover

The Knights could atleast use a buff then as it is quite the rank. They shouldnt be push-overs. DM possession avoids this odd situations.

Also I dont see why they should be fair game without a DM, seeing as it is explicitly mentioned on every other NPC who is. Bad enough to see them being torn apart by fleshling spawns as the AI is too stupid to react accordingly.

xXCrystal_Rose

I've seen a single knight slaughter an entire area of undead- bears included! They're pretty tough, though I'm sure more mechanically minded PCs can take them down a notch.

PanamaLane

I don't know. I say add more of them, make them tougher, have them drop nice loot and let h'balan pcs go at it. But give faction pcs some manner of report on the attack or attacker.

Losing numbers of troops in a faction is akin to asking where do all the goblins come from? Its simply assumed in the game that numbers are replenished outside of major incidents.

HalflingPower

I think, if fleshlings are destroying these guys it may be a good idea to give them +1 magic damage or something.