Player graveyard

Started by Wench, August 04, 2020, 02:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wench

This might be a really silly idea but it just kinda passed by in my mind one day, might be kinda neat to have an actual graveyard were people can pay money to have a tombstone made out for a dead PC.

I have no idea if it's even possible but I just imagine being a new player and going into a game world and seeing that I could have a PC actually remembered even if it's just a stupid expensive rock lol
Feed me my kid cuisine meal, or I will say the F word.

if she's your girl then why does her leitmotif appear in my battle theme bro  :/

IxTheSpeedy

I like this idea but there would have to be more than just cost as a hurdle to get a headstone since we'd end up with thousands of headstones pretty quickly. Maybe a duration of play in months for the PC or some kind of other achievement included as well.

derkot

To avoid thousands of headstones I think it can be randomized, for example: make it like six headstones. If there more than six players paid for stones - then just make it random headstones each reset.
Some ideas about how graveyard make more interesting:
Make this area as a residing zone of Black Wagon (who in war with Bonecollectors).
Perhaps make this Black Wagon as minor association akin to Boncollectors, so there can be characters who is opposed to Bonecollectors, recovering corpses from distant rings, watching for graveyard, etc.
This can be place for low level quest.
Радостное одиночество.

TheShadow

Or perhaps, have it be similar to the Wall of the Ancestors for the Dwarves? Notable PC's can be appended to the Tombstones. Peerage knights already tend to get a spot in the catacombs, so there's no reason for a spot of honor for ticker folk or in the ponds to exist.
Forever in the Shadows, yearning for the Light.