Rogue buffs

Started by Damien, February 26, 2023, 01:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien

Having played one for a bit, can I recommend the following;

- crossbows multi function as grapple guns if you are pure
- rogues get higher wand limit if pure

This gives more utility to rogues which is cool, especially at lower levels and if you

Ironside

AND IF YOU "WHAT" DAMIEN???

Ironside

players I think this man has been kidnapped mid post

Draugir

TBH if rogues REALLY needed anything, it would be some way to be relevant against crit immunes. At least if they're an archer. I guess a STR rogue still have plenty of use against them, but being a heavy crossbow archer 1d10 doesn't really do much against a horde of deaders and you really feel you're the weaker link if someone actually took you along.

Bearic

First one isn't really possible if you mean any given crossbow.

Dredi

Weeelllll.. not that I agree its a good idea, but just to play devils advocate, You could rejig the grapplegun script to be on the rope instead and then add a check to ensure either a crossbow or "OTHER SUITABLE ITEM" is equipped or it fails on use.

Bearic

The whole point of having a grapplegun is that it isn't a crossbow, though. It's something that shoots the grapple over.  You can already use the rope for just going up/down or a ladder or climbing claw. But to make any given crossbow work you would need to adjust the entire way the system works, or every single crossbow, which definitely isn't practical.

Damien

IF YOU LET ME FINISH IRONSIDE

JK, mobile randomly cuts off the text when you make a post

Could we add some sort of tool that retags the rogue's crossbow? Or maybe make something sellable, similar to what druids had?