To the Balladeers [DM]

Started by Empress of Neon, March 05, 2023, 04:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empress of Neon

QuoteDear Balladeers,

I'm not entirely sure which among you I should leave this with, so I'm going to leave a few copies around your halls.

I am Isabella Fitzgerald.

Like many in the Krak, I remember the Old City. All the good, all the bad. More than anything else, insofar as it pertains to your hearth, I remember my home in the Peerage Ward. And as I often find when I come to gander again at the precious vestiges of what was lost; the best of our history and culture; I find myself feeling there again, at just that. Home.

I am betrothed to Ellanher De Veend. Both of us could think of no other place we'd rather clasp in matrimony; after a lifetime of being denied such; than that special place. We are getting old, and find those memories of the life we had before, for all their grittiness, ever the more precious as we continue forward. From the days we were children, playing in the streets, to the nights we were grown and swooning before one another.

There is no better place in all of the Well; even the Sultanate; to begin the next chapter of our lives together as we have dreamed for so many years.

Would the Balladeers be willing to grant this aging woman's request?

Might we have the honor of holding our wedding in your halls?

~ Isabella Fitzgerald

P.S Are you taking art contributions? I would like to donate to your galleries.

Ironside

QuoteDear Isabella,

This letter is SO pink.  Could it be any less pink?

Please do our eyes the kindness of sending this back along but without all the peachy ink!

Thank you,
Your compeer,
Lyrist A. Didereaux

Empress of Neon

~The letter is resent; in a very, -very- inky black painted over every letter.~

QuoteDear Balladeers,

I'm not entirely sure which among you I should leave this with, so I'm going to leave a few copies around your halls.

I am Isabella Fitzgerald.

Like many in the Krak, I remember the Old City. All the good, all the bad. More than anything else, insofar as it pertains to your hearth, I remember my home in the Peerage Ward. And as I often find when I come to gander again at the precious vestiges of what was lost; the best of our history and culture; I find myself feeling there again, at just that. Home.

I am betrothed to Ellanher De Veend. Both of us could think of no other place we'd rather clasp in matrimony; after a lifetime of being denied such; than that special place. We are getting old, and find those memories of the life we had before, for all their grittiness, ever the more precious as we continue forward. From the days we were children, playing in the streets, to the nights we were grown and swooning before one another.

There is no better place in all of the Well; even the Sultanate; to begin the next chapter of our lives together as we have dreamed for so many years.

Would the Balladeers be willing to grant this aging woman's request?

Might we have the honor of holding our wedding in your halls?

~ Isabella Fitzgerald

P.S Are you taking art contributions? I would like to donate to your galleries.

~Another, smaller note folded.~

QuoteApologies for the illegibility of the previous letter. It's a poor habit from youth to glamour my letters that I'm still trying to break.

I hope this one's more agreeable to the eyes.

Live and drink!

~ Isabella Fitzgerald

Empress of Neon

~Another letter eventually finds its way.~

QuoteDear Balladeers,

Thank you for hosting that lovely gathering of tale-tellers. I hope your mission to retrieve the Chalice at least yielded you another trail to follow.

I'm writing again to see if you've all made a decision towards my request. The chosen day of ceremony nears and I'm afraid I haven't heard a response back yet.

If you can, write to me again soon so I know whether or not I need to make arrangements elsewhere.

~ Isabella Fitzgerald

P.S, Of all the performances, Edha's was my favorite.

After all, is there anything more pure to take to the field for than those we love?

Pandip

Darling Isabella,

I have conferred tirelessly with the Lyrists. After much deliberation (and some mild argument), I have convinced them to host your wedding for a mild donation of 2,000 dinar to the College of the Lost Hearth's fund.

If you are amenable to this, I shall need an explicit date and time which you intend to hold the event so I can ensure classes are cancelled and the premises are available for use.

  -- Aubrey Domergue
  Balladeer of the Lost Hearth