A letter addressed to Vizier Bashir

Started by IKeepForgettingMyUserName, March 03, 2024, 11:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IKeepForgettingMyUserName

Vizier,

I need to speak with and negotiate with orcs. Diplomatically.

They have information I need.

Can you treat with them?

LIGHTDEW

Fabulous Secret Powers

Lightdew,

there are two major problems when it comes to negotiating with orcs. First, we're at war with them. Second, their dedication to the Warrior is so enduring that the usual type of negotiations are unlikely to occur.

However, contrary to popular belief, they are not unintelligent brutes. They do have a sense of honor, though it is quite alien to us. You should be aware by now that said honor revolves around courage in battle.

As such, anyone negotiating with them should be a skilled combatant, as that is what they truly respect. It is not a matter of mere strength, which should be obvious from their use of complex tactics. I am not a combatant, so, this is a rare case where my position is ill-advised for such a task.

Choose your representative carefully, then, if it is not yourself. Someone of the Warrior would be proper, no?

As for a contact to start such strange negotiations, I would suggest seeking out Ag'kal. An orcan shaman, he is likely one of the few orcs out in Nusrum who will be willing to speak with you, instead of merely throwing axes at your head. He lives in the valley, tending to a shrine of the Warrior. Do not mistake his behavior for amiability, however. He very much still carries the pugnacity of his people. It is simply more focused and controlled.

Do tell if you have further questions regarding the matter.

Senior Scribe Bashir Khatara
Vizier of Ephia's Well