XPs: other ways to earn them

Started by Letsplayforfun, September 27, 2008, 07:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob7el

I like the way things are right now, XP-wise.

More locked things would be nice though.  I like how they're used on a 'certain' quest, where they can add a slightly extra haul (abiding by a certain chaotic decision).  So while it's not essential to complete the quest, it adds some nice fluff.

dragonfire9000

Something along these lines should be implemented, but the issue is with spammability. If there is a method of gaining reliable amounts of xp without risk, it will be used, re-used, recycled, turned into fertilizer, and grow to make more spam. For example: Jafar's Circuit. You started at the pie-dwarf, hit Jafar, then clerk Cleidt, Spellguard Tower, Cave of Ibrandul. Bam, you just made about three hundred xp and a hundred and fifty gold, plus possible items, without any expenditure of consumables or blood. I don't want to see this happen. Our current errand quests are great and require exploration and risk, not just jogging. Perhaps make it more like Narfell, where xp for killing is turned down a bit, but xp for role-play is more commonly given. They also have a way to write a journal for the DMs eyes that sums up their characters background. If it's a good, deep background, their IG characters are awarded some xp.

You tink?

9lives

I like things as they are now.

Emoting and roleplaying should be the norm. If we spy good instances of roleplay, or things that take our fancy, then we'll dole out a little extra.

Cluckyx

I think it's a shame that Roleplaying should be more worth while when there is an xp carrot on a stick being dangled infront of you the entire while. RP in itself I often find can be it's own reward. And there always the chance that a DM might be watching, but that shouldn't be your sole drive.

Gullible Righteousness

Just drag out your awesome humourous creativity, and I bet we'll be seeing where things go from there, eh?