Disguise Discussions

Started by Kinslayer988, June 16, 2011, 10:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinslayer988

Alrighty folks. We talked about it a little bit about how criminals need disguises and how disguises would be interesting enough.

So, Discussion: BEGIN
<SkillFocuspwn> no property developers among men only brothers

Darkness2

I think it would be fairly cool if there was a way you could change the name above your head if you have enough skill in I dunno bluff? But I dunno if this is possible at all mechanically.

9lives

what's the point, you'd be able to metagame via portrait clicking. No different to reading PC name.

Darkness2

Howlando

If we could change character names I'd love to do it.

Anyway, disguises are a tricky issues - I'd prefer players respect them, but at the same time the responsibility is sort of on the character in disguise to come up with an elaborate disguise to make clear to other players involved that they may not recognize the PC.

Always good idea to consult a DM if in doubt about a specific situation.

PlayaCharacter

Quote from: 9lives;244998what's the point, you'd be able to metagame via portrait clicking. No different to reading PC name.

The point, as you may remember from the last time we had this discussion, is to give other PCs an immediate visual cue that you're attempting a disguise. I don't think anyone is suggesting that it would function as a true disguise of someone's identity, rather that it would be infinitely preferable to the old 'pot helmet and black leathers' standby.

Talir

If someone can think of a good way to do that, it might be interesting to implement. For now take everything in good faith and respect the attempts of your peers, like I see you all do for the most parts. Those of you who try to disguise yourself, remember that you need bluff and charisma if you want to try pretending to be a different person. Anything less than 10 you are not going to be a master at posing like a different individual altogether.

People trying to act like convincing liars and master disguisers with 0 bluff and 10 charisma is a personal pet peeve of mine. Play your stats right.