Create an Alternative for Craft Wand / Scroll for non human PCs

Started by Mia, June 10, 2019, 02:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia

Right now, everyone can learn to brew potions for a sum of gold. All player races. Whereas crafting wands or scrolls is for humans only, locked behind a persuade check.
Being a human already allows for a great deal of advantages in game. No hostile bounties, an extra hub that welcomes you, less scorn from the player base, one of the strongest races mechanically bar subraces. And I understand that is to promote their use. Being a human should be easy mode. But they already get an extra feat over the other races. Do they really need the exclusive right to being able to learn a craft through money, where others need to spend their rare feats?

I would like to see an alternative added for non-human player races to learn to craft wands or scribe scrolls. Against higher prices, more rare or harder to find. That is all fine. But I do suggest to offer them the option at least.

[Hide]I also strongly dislike persuade checks that even after you succeed, don't actually persuade the person in question! Don't give the option at all. [/Hide]

SovietGrowlithe

There is a location that I've found. That allowed for non-human races to learn craft-wand.  I wouldn't want to spoil it but it can be found and it is a rare location.  Without the need of a persuade check, at that.

Edit: After discussing things with Mia - Turns out the location I thought was not actually one for learning the feat. Thusly, I support this thread entirely and agree that there should be some little out of the way location for non-humans to find a way to craft wands.  Maybe even a few rings deep or something.
"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem." - Joseph Stalin

Stranger

This NPC in the rare planar region, the "Bazaar of Dark Delights," would be a suitable solution for non-human filth. Please add a wandcrafting lesson to him for 6666 or 9999 gold. Maybe scroll scribing too?

The Bazaar is connected to the Sinister theme of Seams.