Here Lies Liu Xian: Glory To House Zheng

Started by FirewoodFito, January 07, 2022, 11:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FirewoodFito

Hello everyone! Liu Xian was my first App character, and my first evil character (in my whole life). I had a lot of fun bouncing off ideas with Flagon about why such a character should exist and how the world around him would affect his personality and his desires. And Xian had no desires but to make his Lady happy and to further House Zheng's presence in the Ward.

I had to convince myself playing an evil character was doable for me and had to really hold on to a core belief that made him justify all the nasty things he was capable of doing: Family. Simple, perhaps trite, concept. But easy enough to provide all the motivation I needed.

So I went from Liu Xian, to Uncle Liu.

And he knew he had no time. And what did he desire the most, besides Glory for House Zheng? A family for Zhou Fengxian.
And so he became a grumpy grampa to Flagon's character. Quick to anger and lose his patience, for there was no time to lose.

And this translated in probably one of the funniest and most memorable things I've done on EfU: The dating game.

Alas, Liu Xian's time was cut short on the server but all he did was true to his character and I hope I lived up to my App (but sadly I don't think  I did)

Once again, I have to thank all the players and DMs who shared the stage with me and I hope you enjoyed this decrepit but faithful servant.

And now, some drawings and screenies.

[hide][/hide]

[hide][/hide]

[hide][/hide]

[hide]
[/hide]
[hide]
[/hide]
[hide]
[/hide]
[hide]
[/hide]
[hide]
[/hide]

SN

Oh no!

It's such a pity that such a cool app PC with such amazing potential for great things has met his end so abruptly.
Would have been great to see actual long lasting conflict over something as trivial as "Worst meatloaf I ever had" evolve more, fall into a long game of cat and mouse , getting poison involved, blaming the cook for the poisoned meals etc.

Alas!
Good luck!

Knives o- Glory to House Zheng!

Gordan

Gone already? that is a shame

he looked like a wise boomer

CaptLars

Cooking for your awkward arranged date was probably the funniest thing I have done in years on EFU. Great character and gone too soon but excited to see what your cook up next.

White_Ice

Cat

Astra

Absolute king. That date was seriously the best... I'll miss this crazy old guy.

Empress of Neon

Taken from us way too soon. I'm sorry we didn't get to see more of him :( A+

Ramc

"Some may wonder if Kongming Liu Xian had supernatural powers: the Eightfold Ramparts Maze Cybel Date, the wooden bulls and gliding horses bid to get Zhou a wife - all somehow seem made by gods or immortals. Yet he could not escape his own death. Why? Kongming Liu Xian was mortal, a worthy sage in the world of men... He did not make use of the unknowable and leave the world wondering. He made use of the knowable and left the world a model." -Mao Zonggang (introductory note)