Scarbork Journal

Started by I love cats, February 21, 2023, 09:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I love cats

I swear this is a harder gig than I thought. Back in the rings we used to just chop people up if they were innocent too bad. Evidence politics and insanity has criminals back on the streets in no time,  No one from the rings is going to respect this garbage. These laws assume everyone is some ashfolk halfling who is too cowardly to fight. They may be cowards but at least they can afford it.   

We've had some serious fuck ups a dumbass halfling Arlos getting himself killed and Zakr who killed someone for apparently no reason and couldn't handle being fired. Could have not killed him in front of everyone. On top of all the idiocy we have all of these worthless voiced nimrods trying to one up us. I can't wait to get my hands on one of those fancy togas.

I love cats

I am so glad to be done with this dreadfully boring case. Truthfully I would not have even bothered with Gallows had not been trying to have Hadrian join us. So I did some digging and his political opponents were all too eager to divulge on his indiscretions. It sounded damn illegal and too good to be true. The bay then ordered the investigation.  It just got more and more hilarious especially the 2000 dinar bed. I was expecting something really nice but it was crappier than the barracks bunks at the garrison.  These idiots or one of Gallows's paid men tried to start the trial without my evidence or knowing who the hell my main witness was

I love cats

These idiots have let so many worthless recruits go through the gauntlet that now I stopped getting paid.

I love cats

The dwarf crime family case went from a hard case with no evidence on anyone to an easy case in less than 2 hours. For awhile we had nothing besides that they were obvious criminals who would probably sell their own daughters for dinar. We then find out people were sitting around  and doing nothing knowing some girl had a literal Djinni mark for days just gossiping like girls with some useless astronomers. They then are surprised after telling me some Djinni cursed freak walks amongst us that my first instinct is to put her in a cell to investigate the matter. Even then we had essentially nothing at all to work with. Gallows tipped Colmes off during his investigation that Merrizod told him they had a rat in our unit. The astronomers were 8 out of the time annoying and useless but sometimes very helpful. Although seeing them so easily lose 10,000 dinar they have huger recruitment problems than we do.

The case then turned easy one of Merrizod's men betrayed him for some Dinar or some dumb deal with the astronomers. I then showed up killed a Djinni and took it to evidence along with the idiot who betrayed him. He was willing to testify without even the offer of Dinar. There was people complaining I had the corpse of the thing in evidence the astronomers tried taking it and I told those girls in the blue dresses to shove off. Gallows then brings in some random dwarf of Merizods and just leaves him in a hallway. At the end of the day no fine no arrest no testimony making me wonder why he brought him in. The Sarge was chewing our asses and essentially calling us morons.

Just when things couldn't get more stupid Colmes nearly pulls the same shit he did with Gallows marching us and the dwarf to trial with no prosecutor, no witnesses and no victim. I had to tell Colmes and the Sarge to quit it before Colmes made us look like bigger fools in the court than we were. I am starting to see why a bunch of idiots tried to trial Gallows without my evidence. So I gather everything needed and the only person willing to prosecute. He calls it "Advocating for the victim." He goes on the stand and presents his case like a horde of Hobgoblins I slew a load of evidence and useless witnesses. It was extremely half assed and some of the worst witnesses known to man. I was sure the dwarf already paid off the Legate for a light sentence. However I don't think  that dwarven scumbag predicted his face being on the creature. His attorney was literally the Gallows that hung Gallows. He made our dumb prosecutor seem good. He was too idiotic to ask or point out the fact the astronomers were at Merizod's house and tampered with the body before the trial. 

The case then ended in some fat wizard calling his Nadiri idiots and saying information they were too incompetant to convey and used some freak device. I did not like the amount of dominance they had in the court room. I wanted to tell that fat wizard to take a seat however 2 sergeants in the room tolerated this fat man in the dress to have this control. At the end of the dwarven crime family has a similar problem to the fourth legion recruiting too many idiots who betray them given the first chance.  Seeing his death was satisfying there were so many times seeing him run hopeless in that pet that I considered letting my finger on the crossbow trigger slip and be his killing blow.

I love cats

ALL OF MY TIME ALL Of MY SUPPLIES? DID THAT FOOL WOMAN THINK WATER Or OTHER IDIOTS WiTH STONES WOULD STEAL MY KILL?