Letter for Colmes

Started by Haer Dalis 83, March 28, 2024, 04:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haer Dalis 83

Lt. Colmes, Warmaster,

you have requested that a letter be written to you instead of nagging the ears of the residents, and so I will.

I don't think we've ever had much opportunity to interact or introduce ourselves, but I think my actions speak for me. So as some of your Sergeants can testify, I am not only a Recluta della Banda, but a loyal devotee of Agaslakku. Some of them have already tasted how sharp my axe is, and how clear my heart in battle.

I am writing to you because I want a seat on the War Council, and I have no intention of going through a rigid hierarchy of superiors whose favours I have to gain, nor of waiting for the faint hope of being able to speak to you, but I am writing to you directly!

Some of the representatives of the Rose are perhaps not sufficiently accustomed to war. Others are perhaps more interested in glory than in victory. But la Banda makes war the founding part of its success story. And among the various Recluta, a priest of Agaslakku brings, along with ardour, something fundamental to victory: the wisdom of knowing when and how to fight.

I understand we don't really know each other, so you could take this letter of mine and crumple it up before throwing it into the fire. But if you understand the value of wisdom in battle, I invite you to ask about me. Seek out your Sergeant Ashworth, seek out our Balestriere Tuscanzi, seek out my brothers in arms. If their answers fit your expectations, grant me a place on the War Council and the chance to lead my brothers in battle.

Dralnu

Blue41

Dralnu,

I remember you. Heard your bellows as well, challenging your fellows, superiors, anyone who will entertain you to a battle in order to prove yourself. I can applaud your ambition, your drive, your faith.

It was my intent to see the Accords represented on the War Council, and a seat has been taken by one of your number--Balestriere Mirielle. Each of the Council will be required and responsible for forming their own 'Cabinet in miniature' of sorts; people who they can trust to take over their responsibilities should they fall in battle or otherwise be unable to fulfill their duties.

This war will be a protracted affair. I don't expect to claim anything close to a 'victory' for some time yet. It will be enough to achieve the objective of delaying their march, infuriating their general, denying them resources. We'll need every hand we can to achieve this. If warfare is your proving ground, then you will find it, with or without a seat on the Council. I hope you make it out the other side.

R. Colmes
Warmaster

Blue41

Dralnu,

Let's make some time to have a conversation. There's been some developments that warrant it, and I'd like to get the measure of you.

Lt. R. Colmes
Warmaster