My problem with RPGs

Started by Kandebyn Olar, August 15, 2014, 09:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kandebyn Olar

It's not just EfU, I seem to have this problem with every rpg I play, I can't ever decide what to play and feel the urge to reroll into something else all the time.

I've got these two games I wanted to play during my vacation which is over now. Alpha Protocol and Vampire:Bloodlines. Couldn't do it, I really wanted to try them out and complete them for I had plenty of time, since no school.

I can't explain it, I just have an incredibly hard time to decide what to play and stick with it. Major hesitation when building characters. I feel like I'm better off with pregenerated characters where I don't have to make choices.

Anybody else is like that? Wondering if I'm alone with that disease in the RPG community.

Heart Of Oak

I have a friend who does the same thing. He spends a very very long time making a character on any RPG and then a couple of hours later has to make another one and spends hours doing that. I'm not sure why but it made it very difficult to play with him. I guess it must be hard for you too.

Kandebyn Olar

Well it's especialy tough on single player games as there's nothing holding me back. In multiplayer games or on table top RPGs, I can't just walk away and leave my buddies there...

Valo56

You and me both.

I've always found it easier to stick with an app character, personally. So rather than hopping around between concepts, perhaps you should try applying for a special background, race or something along those lines? It may help.

Some of my favorite characters in the past were simple fighters who just went along for the ride, rather than having some grand mission. So maybe you might also just try making a PC who is just a kick-ass lieutenant for someone?

Try and make a few IC friends, that also helps. That's always been kind of hard for me as everyone is dying all the time (ESPECIALLY ME!), but if you can form your own little adventuring group, it can help a lot.

Valo56

A lot of people chipped in with advice here on a previous and similar thread.

Siren

Quote from: Kandebyn Olar;402936Vampire:Bloodlines

Probably my favourite game! The clan you pick there shouldn't matter much, they all get access to the same skills, only their disciplines vary... I don't think they affect the gameplay drastically...