Metagaming Reminder & Ganksquad formation

Started by Mort, July 11, 2009, 03:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mort

Something happened that tainted slightly what was otherwise a very tense and cool confrontation.

If someone crawls up to the surface and goes "Nightrisers attacked me in the sewers! I almost fell during the encounter, but I made it out!"

It would have attracted 1-2 characters, maybe less, maybe more, but a few who are usually always curious to go help.

But, this time, these were PC nightrisers, and the reaction to the message was not PROPORTIONAL at all. More than 20 people showed.. It was a big drama.. and a mob quickly formed brandishing torch and pitchforks to go, gasp, kill the 3 nightrisers that were in the sewers as suddenly it was the most puzzling thing to happen on Ymph.

This for some reason really irks me. It's the bad little cousin of people flocking to DM possessed NPCs. While the latter is often amusing to us, the former is not.

Please watch out when you start not to roleplay/be in character anymore and enter counter-strike mode that you are team Red and team Blue attacked 'someone', so all of team Red (regardless that you are evil aligned and probably couldn't care less about the safety of 'someone') must attack Team Blue. Stay in character. Put things in perspective. And do not enter the counter-strke mentality.